Who does this??? *SMH

Options
Danny_Boy13
Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/197958/man-loses-entire-life-savings-on-carnival-game/

Henry Gribbohm went to a carnival in Manchester, New Hampshire over the weekend and spent his entire life savings trying to win his kids a prize.
No, that is not the premise for an unearthed J.D. Salinger novel. It is an actual occurrence that occurred recently, according to multiple news sources. Mister Gribbohn was trying to win his kids an Xbox Kinect by winning at a $5 carnival game where you toss balls into a tub. He kept missing, and soon had spent $300. He then apparently went home and got $2,300 more. He then apparently lost all that money, too.
Seemingly blind with rage due to his poor luck and bad decision making skills, Gribbohm returned the next day to confront the owners of the stall, who are themselves freelance vendors of a larger traveling carnival company called Fiesta Shows. They gave him a giant stuffed banana with a rasta hat and $600 of his money back. Which seems fair. That is him above.
Gribbohm, somehow now blindingly self aware of his plight as the human incarnation of an unwritten country song, went to CBS and gave this poignant quote, somehow summing up his newly acquired folk-story status:
“For once in my life I happened to become that sucker,” said Gribbohm. “It was foolish for putting up my life savings.”
“Oh, that fairground? They say a man lost his entire life savings there. Tried to win his kids a vidya-game back in twenty-thirteen. They say if you walk these streets alone at night you can sometimes see the ghost of his giant rasta banana in the pale moonlight…”

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    He's a knobhead.
    Why didn't he just buy the damn thing??
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I hope his kids didn't inherit the idiot gene from him....
  • TehNoms
    TehNoms Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    A complete fool. An XBox with Kinect is like $300.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/197958/man-loses-entire-life-savings-on-carnival-game/

Henry Gribbohm went to a carnival in Manchester, New Hampshire over the weekend and spent his entire life savings trying to win his kids a prize.
    No, that is not the premise for an unearthed J.D. Salinger novel. It is an actual occurrence that occurred recently, according to multiple news sources. Mister Gribbohn was trying to win his kids an Xbox Kinect by winning at a $5 carnival game where you toss balls into a tub. He kept missing, and soon had spent $300. He then apparently went home and got $2,300 more. He then apparently lost all that money, too.
    Seemingly blind with rage due to his poor luck and bad decision making skills, Gribbohm returned the next day to confront the owners of the stall, who are themselves freelance vendors of a larger traveling carnival company called Fiesta Shows. They gave him a giant stuffed banana with a rasta hat and $600 of his money back. Which seems fair. That is him above.
    Gribbohm, somehow now blindingly self aware of his plight as the human incarnation of an unwritten country song, went to CBS and gave this poignant quote, somehow summing up his newly acquired folk-story status:
    “For once in my life I happened to become that sucker,” said Gribbohm. “It was foolish for putting up my life savings.”
    “Oh, that fairground? They say a man lost his entire life savings there. Tried to win his kids a vidya-game back in twenty-thirteen. They say if you walk these streets alone at night you can sometimes see the ghost of his giant rasta banana in the pale moonlight…”
    if $2600 was his entire life savings, he shouldn't be playing games at a carnival to begin with.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I can see how he could've been caught up in the moment and spent all the money in his pocket, but I can't see how a reasonable person can actually leave the carnival, go home, round up every last penny he has, and go BACK. A certain Kenny Rogers song springs to mind.
  • MeganGable
    MeganGable Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm very embarrassed for him.....
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options

if $2600 was his entire life savings, he shouldn't be playing games at a carnival to begin with.

Amen sista!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I hope his kids didn't inherit the idiot gene from him....

they won't be inheriting much else.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Options

I agree but if we wanted to spend a few bucks why not....but that amount....yeah, what a fool.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Poor people deserve to enjoy a carnival, too. Just saying.

Also, he's a damn fool.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    You can't fix stupid.
  • JessiAnn88
    JessiAnn88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Gribbohm, somehow now blindingly self aware of his plight as the human incarnation of an unwritten country song

I'm dead:laugh: thank you for that :flowerforyou:
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options

:drinker:
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I can understand this.. to a point. unfortunately with his age did not come wisdom. we were at a carnival this past weekend. My 17 year old was trying to win a certain stuffed animal. The guy operating the dart game was talking so fast about adding this and the size of that. I stood there for about a minute and finally I said. If she doesn't give you another dime what has she won. He pointed to a row of stuffed animals. I said GREAT, give her one!!! Had I not been there she would have continued to give this guy her money..

Maybe this guy should have taken his mama to the carnival with him.. Just sayin...
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    My children have been instructed to never make eye contact with carnies. That's how they steal your soul.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Options
    My children have been instructed to never make eye contact with carnies. That's how they steal your soul.

LOL!!! Didnt know they were soal takers....HAHA!!!
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Gambling Addiction!

No dfifferent than someone popping more quarters into a slot machine

Same behavior--not knowing when to quit

...just different prizes
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Poor people deserve to enjoy a carnival, too. Just saying.

Also, he's a damn fool.
    Yes, of course they deserve to enjoy it, but it is basically the same as gambling. If you are poor, I don't neccessarily think you should be gambling OR even buying the thing outright.
  • Lizlicious2187
    Lizlicious2187 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    facepalm :huh: