Healthy Sandwich

Options
vy87
vy87 Posts: 10 Member
Hello everyone!
Tomorrow I'm going to partecipate to a sandwich party, in which everyone brings his own sandwich... I wanted your advice on a healthy sandwich. I was planning on using avocado since it is an ingredient that has always fascinated me but I never got a chance to use it.
Do you have any suggestion for me?

Thank you!
V.

Replies

• akindc
    akindc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Avocado and bacon is good. Avocado and tomatoes. Avocado and hardboiled or fried eggs. Avocado and pesto. Avocado and arugula. Avocado and hummus.

The options are endless.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken and lots of green veggies.
    break that isn't loaded with things like corn syrup.
  • rhogr000
    rhogr000 Posts: 126
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    Tomorrow I'm going to partecipate to a sandwich party, in which everyone brings his own sandwich... I wanted your advice on a healthy sandwich. I was planning on using avocado since it is an ingredient that has always fascinated me but I never got a chance to use it.
    Do you have any suggestion for me?

Thank you!
    V.

Turkey with a slice of cheese (or not) on whole wheat bread.

I've been blessed with the fact that I don't like mustard, mayo, etc, etc on my sandwich...just like them nice and plain. It's the healthiest way to go.
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    This weekend, my lunches consisted of an open faced sandwich made of 12 grain bread, avocado (mashed & spread on toast) and sliced tomatoes with just a little schmear of Renee's Southwest Ranch dressing on the bread. It was SOOOOO good. It will be on my weekend lunch menu many times in my future.
  • shirdiana
    shirdiana Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    turkey and avocado is my favorite, love avocados!
  • vy87
    vy87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!!! I can't wait to try them now!:)
  • DaringAdventure
    DaringAdventure Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Turkey, avacado, sprouts, a very thin slice of red onion, lite mayo on whole wheat bread. Yummy!
  • TheShrinkingKween
    TheShrinkingKween Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just had the yummiest lunch. I made it this morning and brought it with me. It was only 246 calories and had 24 grams of protein! I started with a Flat Out Multigrain with Flax Seed wrap, added several slices of shaved turkey, several slices of shaved cooked ham, one slice of cheese, some lettuce, tomato, and baby spinach. I rolled it all up and dipped it in ranch (that added another 70 calories, but it's all good) as I ate it! NOM NOM NOM
  • phurst00
    phurst00 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I wish I could eat Avocado :(

I pretty much build my sandwiches around a lot of green leaf lettuce and tomatoes; usually it'll be tuna with 1/2 tbsp lite mayo and mustard, low sodium turkey and low-fat swiss, or grilled chicken (sometimes I'll add bbq sauce, but have to be careful of that sodium!). I also use lite-wheat bread; 80 calories per 2 slices, doesn't have any huge grains or anything in it but still has a decent amount of fiber (I hate the texture of most whole-wheat breads).