Favorite Protein Bars

Options
I am just wondering what is everyone's favorite brand (and/or flavor) of protein bars? I need to get some but really just don't know what to try and I hate to spend the money on something that is full of junk.

Replies

• turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein chewy chocolate chip or s'mores
  • rhogr000
    rhogr000 Posts: 126
    Options
    I am just wondering what is everyone's favorite brand (and/or flavor) of protein bars? I need to get some but really just don't know what to try and I hate to spend the money on something that is full of junk.

I used to like a brand called "Pure Protein", and specifically the chocolate flavor...I haven't eaten protein bars in a few years though. But, those actually tasted good, so they're probably full of junk.
  • Bhabs10
    Bhabs10 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like Special K Chocolate Peanut Butter. Their Strawberry, Caramel and Chocolately Chip ones aren't bad either but the Chocoloate Peanut Butter is my fave. They remind me of the taste of Nutty Bars.
  • sebshaw8
    sebshaw8 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My gf and I are in the process of determining which protein bars are best for us. Still comparing nutrition and protein boosting capacity. Pure Protein is one of our front runners now.
  • texastarmadillo
    texastarmadillo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Supreme Protein Carmanel Nut Chocolate with 30g of protein are my favorite. You can get these at Wal-Mart in the pharmacy area.
    I also like Nature Valley Peanut, Almond & Dark Chocolate with 10g of protein. You can find these in any grocery store
    If you have "My Fit Foods" in your area, the OatmegaBar Mocha bars are good with 14g of protein
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love love love clif bars! They keep me full for hours and taste great. I travel a lot with my job so they are my go to breakfast or lunch on the go.
  • wendygjc
    wendygjc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like the Luna Barsm expecially Chocolate Peppermint Stick!! Yummy
  • mcn79
    mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Clif Mojo bars or the Luna bars. They might not be the "best" choice but they are the best for me. I enjoy them, they provide protein and it seems like a treat!
  • slainte35
    slainte35 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Quest chocolate brownie.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I love Life Choice Peanut Butter. I think they are only at walmart. 210 cal, 21g protein, and only 14g Carb (7g sugar). I have noticed that a lot of them are high in carbs/sugar as well as the protein.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Best one is Darryl's All Natural chocolate protein bar, but it is a Canadian company and I haven't seen them in a lot of places.

Runner up would be Quest bars, I heat them up in the microwave, makes them way better.

I used to love Cliff bars but not so much anymore.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Special K strawberry protein bars. And the Cranberry walnut, too. Maybe a little high on the sugar but they are only 170 cal with 5 grams of fiber and 10 protein.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe, 50g size. None compares to the chocolate or texture, not even the chocolate chip. I get both and still have the chip ones a year later...trying to eat them. They all leave that dry protein after-taste, but they are moist, and a bottle of water does the trick.
  • mk9562
    mk9562 Posts: 186
    Options
    Any quest bar. The only protein bar most trainers approve.
    If you don't like them too chewy,, put in microwave for 5-10 seconds. Yummy.
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options

Quest Bars are the best. Very low carbs and almost no sugar. Chocolate Chip cookie dough is really good.
  • here2bme
    here2bme Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars all the way baby! High in protein, low in sugar!!! Taste great!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

Quest Bars are the best. Very low carbs and almost no sugar. Chocolate Chip cookie dough is really good.

^^ THIS.. loveeee the chocolate chip cookie dough :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

They aren't actually low in carbs, most are around 24 g. they advertise low "active" carbs, that is carbs minus the fibre.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    MetRx Protein Plus bars. 32g of protein. I like "Chocolate chocolate chunk" the best.