6'3' Started at 477 lbs(216.7 kg) 4 months in.

Options
Hello, my name's Randy. I have been on MFP for about a month now, actually tracking my diet, exercise, and water in take.
Last August I tipped the scales, and I hit my highest weight, EVER, of 495 lbs, I started a new job and started to slim down a little bit. By December I had cut down to 477 lbs, and I met someone who changed my world forever. I found someone whom I wanted to change for, so I began a journey of fitness, at first for her; but now it's obviously for me. I found this out the first time I went and worked out after working a 14.5 hour shift, with a half hour break. That was my turning point(February 2013)

In December my best friend Aaron(MightyWarturtle) and I started our journeys to a better life. He wanted to lose a little weight(like 10 lbs) and begin toning. I had a much larger goal, of losing around 240 lbs, while going for that beach body I have always wanted. We started slow working out 1 or 2 days a week, now we work out 5 or 6 days a week and have fully progressed into being addicted to fitness.

Coming into this journey I had no idea how strong willed I would become, how each small event in my life would push me that much farther into my workouts. Through some of my other good friends giving me workout ideas, and pushing me to keep at it, even when it got bad. I then posted my first "reach-out" on MFP April 4th, and gained a bolstering number of friends, and people who just wanted to join together in our quests to achieve our goals.

Over the past month I have gone every hard on my workouts, and except for weekends(I work in a restaurant so it's more difficult those days) I have been very strict on my diet. 5 days ago I got impatient and weighed my self, I was shocked at the results and added them into my profile, and got tons of support. Today I went and confirmed that my scale was accurate by using a medical scale at Complete Nutrition.

It's official 4 months into my journey I am down 107 lbs, including all of the muscle I have been packing on. I just wanted to post this, so that you can see. No matter where you are in life, whether your 150 lbs, and you want to get down to 130. Or you have a goal like me, either for health reason or just for personal benefit and you want to lose well over 100 lbs, anything is possible if you are willing to commit, and put in the time and effort required to meet your goals.

This is me last October, I am the Gentleman on the far Right.

meh_zps76a0989c.jpg

That was about 485 lbs, I was definitely a different person. I was a bit intoxicated that night, but I used to run from photographs so there are not many of me out there from that time.

This is me as April 4th, when I was down 78 lbs.

Noway_zps3379aa99.jpg

I was astonished by how much I had lost, you can see the expression. I am even more shocked today, but here is the most recent photo taken literally a minute or two ago.

107 lbs down.

017_zpse79fe6a1.jpg

Anyways, thanks for reading. Feel free to add me, I am by no means shy, I work a lot though. So I may not personally post on things often, i do it quite randomly; but I am always here if you need to message me and ask any questions.

Best of luck, and remember when the going get s tough; it means you're doing something right. This journey will never be easy, but it is so worth it, and I'm not even half way there yet!

Replies

• scadgirl20
    scadgirl20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You're doing an amazing job!!! Keep it up :) Glad I'm I've been on your friend's list to watch you as you've succeeded :)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Great!!!!
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    WOW! You're doing great!! Very inspiring :-)
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Keep up the good work :):):)
  • Kbeers81
    Kbeers81 Posts: 10
    Options
    107 pounds...awesome...keep up the good work dude
  • TinaCleg
    TinaCleg Posts: 87
    Options
    You are doing so well! Amazing! Great work
  • whatluckycat
    whatluckycat Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Just keep on going, I know you will get there!
  • Kbeers81
    Kbeers81 Posts: 10
    Options
    As a side note, the pounds are falling off easy right now, because you have a lot more fat on you than some. Not a big deal. I said that to say this: It will be even harder and harder. Keep your head on straight, and stay focused on your goals. Make sure you are getting your proper macronutrients, and there is nothing wrong w/ having a cheat every now and then. Matter of fact, I go by the philosophy of "If it fits your macros." I'm on a 40/40/20 right now and my body is responding well. Some may not respond to it and would have to find a different ratio. Point is, as long as I can fit it in my macros, i eat whatever I want. Bear in mind; however, I'm not eating junk, but if I have a craving for a cookie or two and I see I need some fats and carbs, then I will have said cookie. You're doing great...keep up the good work my friend. Stay focused and have a goal and don't steer from that goal. Never let anybody tell you cannot do something.
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic. Keep going... you are doing great so far.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Amazing start! You look so freaking happy I just know you will keep pushing until you reach your goals.
  • rubberman1976
    Options
    great work, keep it up, good if you could change to a 50/30/20 diet to help a bit more with the loss. works well for me on P90X2
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You rock! Great work!!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Keep up the amazing work! You are such an inspiration....Thank you for posting this!
  • kirstenr0719
    kirstenr0719 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats!!
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Amazing loss so far, well done, keep up the great work and well done for taking steps to improve your health :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME!! What a difference!! You are a major inspiration to me!!
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great work and love your attitude! Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • Ihalla
    Ihalla Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. I'm rooting for you!!!!
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Good job on the progress so far. I started at 405 pounds in Feb. 2012 and I'm now at 226 pounds (I'm 6-0). I agree with the other post above that you lose more pounds when you first start out.

I lost 69 pounds in my first four months (dowm from 405 to 336) and 95 pounds in my first six months. By comparion, in the last four months, I have lost 36 pounds (down from 262 to 226). I still continue to lose but it's at a slower pace. I talked with my doctor and he recommended to go slow. Plus, it's better with loose skin. Make sure to also drink lots of water. Another recommendation I have is to track your measurements every other week (waist at navel and hips) and take progress photos. Keep it up man!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!