12 Calorie whoopie pies!

Options
Gotcha. Sorry, couldn't resist. :wink:
Now, I understand this is a calorie tracking website...however, I'm a bit disturbed by the recipes and food suggestions on here. I understand, calories are important. However, nutrient density is key, but it seems like lower cal comes first. Honestly, natural foods keep me more satiated in the long run.

I've found moderation and having the real thing, not creating a low fat, sugar free, fat free, egg/dairy free version works best. I've found that eating whole eggs, full fat yogurt and cheese, and regular chocolate has worked for me regardless of the calorie content. Now, I'm all for healthy substitutions of the foods I love, and modifications..I do love a good protein pancake now and then, but sometimes, I just can't fool myself.
Don't get me wrong, I did live off traditional "diet food" at one point-but on the weekends the hunger would overpower me and off to Cheesecake factory I went! (Followed by a binge, and yoyo diet would continue) I also weighed 50 more pounds than I do now.

Things that will no longer see the inside of my pantry or fridge:
Walden sugar free syrup..Rice cakes..100 calorie pack...tofu pudding...fat free cheese...lean cuisine...sandwhich thins...splenda cookies...sugar free jello...sugar free pudding...shirataki..

What do you all think of substitutions?

Replies

• Puppychow11
    Options
    Damn where's the recipe?:angry:

Does anyone have a light whoopie pie recipe
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Gotcha. Sorry, couldn't resist. :wink:
    Now, I understand this is a calorie tracking website...however, I'm a bit disturbed by the recipes and food suggestions on here. I understand, calories are important. However, nutrient density is key, but it seems like lower cal comes first. Honestly, natural foods keep me more satiated in the long run.

I've found moderation and having the real thing, not creating a low fat, sugar free, fat free, egg/dairy free version works best. I've found that eating whole eggs, full fat yogurt and cheese, and regular chocolate has worked for me regardless of the calorie content. Now, I'm all for healthy substitutions of the foods I love, and modifications..I do love a good protein pancake now and then, but sometimes, I just can't fool myself.
    Don't get me wrong, I did live off traditional "diet food" at one point-but on the weekends the hunger would overpower me and off to Cheesecake factory I went! (Followed by a binge, and yoyo diet would continue) I also weighed 50 more pounds than I do now.

Things that will no longer see the inside of my pantry or fridge:
    Walden sugar free syrup..Rice cakes..100 calorie pack...tofu pudding...fat free cheese...lean cuisine...sandwhich thins...splenda cookies...sugar free jello...sugar free pudding...shirataki..

What do you all think of substitutions?

Last time I lost weight I used sugar free stuff a lot. This time I decided not to do the sugar free sugar anymore, except for things like stevia and xylitol honey and maple syrup. Sugar free gave me intestinal issues too. I like low fat yogurt, cheese, and saving calories that way is good and not unnatural. They just remove the fat from the milk. Low fat dairy is good for health reasons. I can't eat frozen dinners they make me sick. Sandwich thins can be good too for certain things. I used to like to make veggie burgers with them. Last time I lost weight I found I was not getting enough fat. I was going way under what I should so fat in food is not all bad. I have never eaten the 100 calorie packs. They are not that appealing to me. My main reason for being so fat is portion control problems more than anything. I usually like relatively healthy foods and whole grains, lean proteins, fruits and veggies. I think it is good to find ways to cook things that are rich with less calories. So some subtitutions are okay, but not for everything.
  • fuzzymop55
    fuzzymop55 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    well this was disappointing.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely right. The real thing is so much better. Although, I do use black bean noodles sometimes in place of regular pasta because I can have so much more and the protein count is better.

And I do still need to ween myself off of Laughing Cow cheese. But I have definitely embraced full fat gelato in place of "sugar free/low fat" kinds. So much better in flavor.

I could, however, get behind a 12 calorie whoopie pie of it was delicious lol.
  • teehee1211
    teehee1211 Posts: 39
    Options
    Now all I want is a whoopie pie.

Bump for recipe
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I am working hard to get rid of artificial sugars. I may not be 100%, I do love the occasional diet coke, but I'm doing so much better.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I opened this post with a raging "stomach-on" for low cal whoopie pies and now I'm left with "blue stomach." You're a damn whoopie pie tease.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Haha I admit, it was uncalled for.

Whoopie pie cravings are a force to be reckoned with. Hey, maybe one day I'll come up with a whoopie pie recipe...probably (definitely) won't be 12 cals though...:ohwell: