Feeling beat up

Options
This evening I feel like garbage. Went to put on my jeans and they don't fit. Locked myself in my bedroom and cried for a half hour. Wearing sweat pants now. Tomorrow I need to get back on track and track my calories. Clearly I can't do this on my own

Replies

• nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I hear that sista! I've gained 6lbs since last week's weigh in. Gross. Thats what I get for not tracking Sat and Sun and letting myself eat bad here and there.

Youll work it out though:flowerforyou: cheer up
  • nomoremuffintop2010
    Options
    I gained 10 lbs over July 4th weekend and I hated myself for it ! I beat myself up as well , had a good cry , then brushed myself off and got back on track. I joined MFP July 5th and feel like a new person. I love that I have to be accountable and keep track of what I'm putting in my mouth . For the first time I feel like food does not control me I control it ! You can do this !!!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    This evening I feel like garbage. Went to put on my jeans and they don't fit. Locked myself in my bedroom and cried for a half hour. Wearing sweat pants now. Tomorrow I need to get back on track and track my calories. Clearly I can't do this on my own

Right, pick yourself up, resolve to start afresh tomorrow and go all out to succeed.

New day, new start, make it even better than before!

You can do this, everytime you feel like you are wavering, remember yourself crying in the toilet and how you felt. Use that feeling to be positive! xxx
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I've been there girl, we all have! But, the most important thing is that you dust yourself off and get back on track :smile:

You can do this!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I think it is a women thing! One day we can try on a pair of jeans then cry our eyes out & the next day try a pair of jeans on then feel motivated to get healthy. Depends on the day & time :smile:

We have all been there - relax tonight.:flowerforyou:
  • tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It's time to quit beating yourself up. We all do go through those moments. Sometimes it can simply be water weight gain. I only have one kidney, and can gain 5-10 pounds each TOM. Get back to logging in food and exercise. It does help. You have lots of support and pure understanding here.
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    It is Ok...we all have set-backs, but you don't have to wait until tomorrow....start now. I'm encouraging you to start right now!! You can definitely do this...look how far you have come!!! Yeah You!!!
  • janet67
    janet67 Posts: 38
    Options
    I so understand what you are feeling. We recently moved (about 3 months ago) and I was packing my closet, trying on stuff to see if I needed to get rid of it. I tried on a pair of shorts that I was sure would fit and I couldn't get them buttoned. I burst into tears and sat in the closet crying and feeling sorry for my self. I told myself I was going to go on a diet, but that night, the ice cream in the freezer started calling my name. I have struggled with my weight since I hit the Big M (menopause), but I was up to 170 and I am only 5'2'. I started writing down what I was eating and bought a book that told the calories and carbs in food. Then I found myfitnesspal. I have lost about 15 pounds and feel so much better. I was walking 45 minutes a day until I broke my ankle 10 days ago. I can't wait to get the cast off so I can start again. I still have another 25 pounds until I hit my goal weight, but I will make it!! Just keep the end result in mind and don't beat yourself up. Just keep logging in your food and you will see results!
    Best of luck!!
  • heeney12
    heeney12 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have felt like this whole process has been really difficult at times. There are days when I feel like I am on cloud 9 but those are the days when I weigh in and lost some weight. I have gone for more than a week or two without any weight loss and that feels frustrating and enraging at the same time. The problem continues to lie within me though. I can't blame anyone or anything. I know that the days that i feel good are the days when I take responsiblity for what I am eating and make better choices than the days where I just give in to what i think I want. Keep remembering that you are the one that is responsible for how those jeans are going to fit and it is okay to cry if you feel like you are beat down, sometimes we need to express how frustrated and sad we are that we are struggling this hard. Tomorrow is a new day and it can be the day that you walk on cloud 9 because you are going to make or come in below that calorie goal.
  • mistystover
    Options
    I have had those days too and just plain tired of it. What is done is done the only thing we can do is move forward. We will all those weak times "certain times of the month are a killer on me" just look ahead and what you want. It's OK to slip up from time to time I actually read today that you have to give yourself at least one day a week where you splerge or your body will go in starvation mode. BOY that was words to my ears maybe once a week where it's OK to have somthing a little more sinful.

1496402.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I think it is a women thing! One day we can try on a pair of jeans then cry our eyes out & the next day try a pair of jeans on then feel motivated to get healthy. Depends on the day & time :smile:

We have all been there - relax tonight.:flowerforyou:

Thank you I love what you said. It's so true how they can fit us one day and not the next. Sucks. And it sucks how that can rule our emotions.
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    *UPDATE*

Well tomorrow is here. I haven't had breakfast yet, but about to get around to it.

I think what hurt me the most yesterday, is that in 2 years I've lost 50lbs, and those jeans fit me perfectly. Over the last 2 months, my eating hasn't been within my calories, healthy but too much food. And when I tried to put my jeans on, I felt like I had put all of that weight back on. Struggling to get the pants up my thighs, seeing how the zipper wasn't even going to entertainme and pretend to zip together.

But, today IS a new day. I just need to make the time to come on here and plan out my meals better.

Thank you everyone for your support.