Cardio exercise while working out abs - Turbo Jam, Hip Hop A

Options
So I *was* all set to order Insanity and go nuts. BUT I looked at some videos on YouTube of people doing the exercises, and I don't think I'm fit enough yet to tackle Insanity. I would hate to spend so much money on something that I get discouraged with. I still want to get Insanity, but I think it's going to have to wait until I'm closer to my goal weight and in better cardiovascular health.

Now. I really want to get an exercise video that will get my heart going and cause me to burn a good amount of calories. But, I really, REALLY want to get some definition in my abs. No, I'm not trying to do any kind of spot reducing. I'm just trying to accomplish two things at once. :laugh:

So, I was perusing through the Beach Body website and I came across some other video workouts. I looked at Turbo Jam and it seems very similar to a workout class I attended in the spring. My only question is if it actually works the abs.
I saw Hip Hop Abs, and thought it looked like fun, but there were some threads here on MFP that a lot of people prefer Turbo Jam to Hip Hop Abs; Why? If its that the woman that does Turbo Jam is peppier or something I can deal with that - I tend to do a little better with exercise leaders that are more "coachy" than friendly.
I also glanced at ChaLEAN Extreme, but I would prefer to have a program that didn't require extra equipment.

Ultimately, I'm wondering what video workout *you* enjoy that gets you burning calories, but also promotes ab definition.

Replies

• Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    GET INSANITY!!

Check out my blog with my belly pic..tomorrow i'll put a pic of my back,

I'm in the 170's and so out of the shape. I thought oh i need to get into shape first before i do this program and finally i said i should just do it.

the point of this program is to get you into shape - i LOVE this program!!!
  • ahanie
    ahanie Posts: 1
    Options
    I purchased "The Biggest Loser" Workout DVD. For me it is the best of both worlds. You can either complete a 6 week cycle workout or you can customize a workout based on the different workouts that are provided.
  • Cina04
    Options
    I also got my Insanity dvd set for 65.00 on Ebay - new in box with all guides and the extra 3 dvds
  • Cina04
    Options
    Go Gators!!!!! LOL
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    I have Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, and Zumba! LOVE them all!!! :bigsmile:
  • jamie11k
    jamie11k Posts: 82
    Options
    I LOVE TURBO JAM! I bought it in 2006 and still love it. Maybe I know all the words because I've had it so long, but it's really fun. The basic stance she teaches you keeps you engaged for the whole workout, and it took me a while to get through the whole thing without quitting. The two ladies that do the modified moves are sweating right along with the ones doing the advanced moves! I also like the music a lot, but I can't compare it to the others because I've never done them.

Good luck, I hope you love whatever workout you choose!
  • sarwood1
    sarwood1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have turbo jam and 30 Day Shred. Love them both, but I would suggest 30 Day Shred.
    I have friends that have gone Insane and lost lots... but I haven't been insane enough to try it. :smile: