The banana, or the knock off lucky charms??

hesse_v
hesse_v Posts: 31 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Ok, Im hungry, and I have two choices, the banana, (90 calories) or the fake lucky charms (180 calories will almond milk). Technically i can have either one with my calorie alotment, but I DO want to be healthy.....gosh darn it! i will prevail! Banana it is!!! :)

Replies

• I'm a cerealaholic, so I have a bowl every night. =)
  • hesse_v
    hesse_v Posts: 31 Member
    I do love my cereal.....I will just have to wait until tommorow morning!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    I always have cereal for breakfast so that I supposedly get my allotment of vitamins and minerals for the day.
  • I'm a sucker for cereal, ahhaa.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    I would go with the banana because the lucky charms aren't good for you.
  • robstot
    robstot Posts: 36 Member
    banana would be the way to go. so much better for you
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    The best thing (nutritionally) is the banana. Enter both in the food database and see how they compare for carbs, sugars, etc. Which one fits best with what you have left in your meal plan for today? Although the cereal isn't too bad calorie-wise, it could very well blow you out of the water on sugars. Plus, it probably has a lot of other chemicals and corn syrup, which is best to avoid. Bananas are high(er) in carbs, but they're good carbs. It's not just about the calories at the end of the day. Sometimes, you have to look at other categories in your meal plan and work within those as well. There's a lot to learn, isn't there? :ohwell:

If you feel you simply must have the cereal even if it's not the best choice, maybe have half a serving with half a banana. Best of both worlds! Good luck, and stick with it - it takes a while to get the hang of all this nutritional data. Pretty soon you'll be an expert at it! :happy:
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    you are better than I am....I would have told myself that i can just cut up the banana and put it in the cereal and it would cancel out the "badness" haha
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    The banana goes with so many things--milk and strawberries, cereal and milk, peanut-butter and bread, ...
    Plus, I need a banana a day to keep my muscle spasms away. It really works! :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.