Self tanner?! Help

Options
I refuse to lay out or use a tanning bed...I need your thoughts on what you think is the best self tanner. I want to look nice and tan, minus orange and streaks.

What would you recommend????

Replies

• amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    going to a salon and letting them spray you with stuff. Seriously I tried a ton of them them and always turn orange and streaky
  • Madmadz77
    Madmadz77 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You dont need it...
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    they are all pretty bad. best i've seen is L'Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I use to have a really good one from Sallys. It wasn't orange but it was still so hard not to streak!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    JWkUGDT.jpg
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the beach
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    judging by the photos of you that i right-clicked and saved, i think your skin tone is lovely. i wouldnt change a thing except maybe wanting to see it against my skin tone just to see if we go well together. (spoiler alert: we do.)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I have to go look in my cabinet cause I can't remember the name but I have an awesome one!
  • AllNewMelanie
    AllNewMelanie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Jergens firming self tanning lotion and it seems to be working great :) It gave me a nice tan and it has no bad odor.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    St.Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse

http://www.amazon.com/St-Tropez-Bronzing-Mousse-8-0-Fluid/dp/B003CFB3EC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1367359359&sr=8-2&keywords=tanning+mousse

I read about this in another thread although I haven't tried it myself!

Good luck!
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Quick tan by body drench. You can get it at sallys or on amazon. It's an aerosol spray and you don't have to rub it in. It kind of gets everywhere so I recommend doing it in the (dry) shower with the curtain closed so you can just rinse out the tub. Exfoliate beforehand, and don't use lotion. Deodorant after. Just spray it an arms length away, slowly and evenly. I used to spray tan people at my old salon and this stuff is the BEST in comparison to a professional airbrush tan. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Edit: To avoid looking orange, don't use too much. If you're very very pale, just one light coat, medium skin can handle a little more, and so on. It's that simple. If there's an over abundance of the tan pigment on top of pale skin, the result will be orange/ dirty looking.
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I don't use it too often but when I do on my legs I use Banana Boats Summer Color.
    It gives a nice natural color and I haven't had streaking issues.
    I don't mind the smell but I do think it is strong. Good luck!
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm very pale and it sucks. Spent a lot of money at an expensive spa for a spray tan that they all said would look "wonderful" on me and not to worry about it looking orange. Long story short, I spent the next six days in hiding.:grumble:
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    They all stink if you ask me....kind of make my skin smell like moldy cookies.

Anyhow, even though they smell I still sometimes use some in the summer if I already have a tan to even it out or add to it. If your skin is totally white none of them will really work...they all streak a bit. Loreal sublime bronze I didn't think was too bad (again though better on olive skin or skin that already has some colour)
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    St.Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse

http://www.amazon.com/St-Tropez-Bronzing-Mousse-8-0-Fluid/dp/B003CFB3EC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1367359359&sr=8-2&keywords=tanning+mousse

I read about this in another thread although I haven't tried it myself!

Good luck!

^^^ This. I use it and it doesn't have the DHA smell (that I can tell) and it has a green tint that fades out, but it cancels out the traditional "orange" color that the DHA leaves.
  • Vicks1978
    Vicks1978 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    st tropez...the lotion, not the mousse, i use it regularly...
    its all in the preparation
    exfoliate well before hand and plenty of body lotion.
    put extra lotion on knuckles, knees, elbows.
    dont do it after shaving your legs either....shave your legs after u tan. my friend who is a beauty therapist told me this...sits in the follicles otherwise or somat to that extent...
    if it goes streaky i saw a tip on tv using lemon juice to get it off.
    but if u prepare well its fine!
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    I like any of the Mystic Tan products that you can find at a tanning salon that carries them.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    The chemicals in spray tan/self tan aren't particularly healthy...

These might be ok http://greenpeople.co.uk/organic-self-tan-products.aspx?gclid=CJeui5C187YCFa7KtAodPVwAeA
  • MyPsalm63
    MyPsalm63 Posts: 303
    Options
    Thank you all :)
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have it where you are (I'm in Australia) but I use Ella Bache tanner, very very natural, but I have heard amazing things bout St Tropez, my friend used it for her wedding and she looked stunning :-)