New, juicing/insanity!!

Options
Hello!
i am new here, but have heard some nice things so i figured since im starting a new 6 month routine, its good to get into a community to see other people progressing in turn motivating myself to keep going strong!

i will be doing the 60 day insanity workout, along with a 10 day juice fast and a juicing rounded diet during the 60 day routine. after that, balancing my meals and going to the gym 6 days a week!

What do ya think? good bad or ugly?

Happy to be here! Let me know what your doing to get fit! i love picking at other diets to try!

Thanks!
Joe

Replies

• bf1110
    bf1110 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a great workout. The juicing I wouldnt recommened. Just stick to a healthy diet and do insainty and your going to get fit fast. I love helping with support and motivation. Feel free to add me.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't juice while you do insanity...trust me, you need all the fuel you can handle doing that crazyness. go hard doing insanity first, and then see how you feel, do the juicing, and then when you hit the gym, go back to normal eating. juicing doesn't give you enough vitamins and minerals, plus you're taking the fiber out of your fruit and vegetables.
  • Jmort90
    Jmort90 Posts: 6
    Options
    ill do through the 60 days on a normal "lose it" diet, and see where i land.

Thank you for the feed back!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I sure hope you plan on using juicing as a supplement to real nutrition. Your body needs adequate fuel and calories, otherwise you will just deplete your lean body mass. And the last thing you really want to do is lose muscle, especially if you want a lean tight body. And with that program, most men are around 2400 calories. Seeing where it lands, as opposed to following the program as designed, is a recipe for failure.