For those who like to buy stuff online...

Options
13»

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Daily, I check a few supplement sites that post ONE heavily discounted product (a $35 tub of con cret creatine for $15, etc) and will stock up when the price is irresistible (I factor in shipping) bodybuilding.com used to host a page like that, but it's since been redirected to its clearance section.

On eBay, if its 25-50% Lower then in town (7k people here), I'll buy it. I've purchased about 1000 things over the Internet in the past 10 years.

HDMI or phone cables that would cost $20-40 here, I've gotten for $5 or less.

Specific things like cake airbrushing kits, hard to find clothing, etc ill pay regular price for online cause its lucky to even find them.

For the most part I cruise the sales and clearance sections. I once bought $1000 worth of protein bars for $100 ($99+ was free shipping). It was 32 cases, I gave some away, froze some and used them lots while travelling.

Oh, I've also purchased razor blades by the dozen, spending $100 or so, would save me $100 or so from buying from the store.

Hope that helps a bit. I primarily use eBay and random supp sites.

:)
  • JessikaBlayne
    JessikaBlayne Posts: 1,457
    Options
    Buy one get one free.
    order $100 in items get 10% off an item or $10 cash back
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I look at the overall cost INCLUDING shipping. Those who insist on free shipping are often missing out because the cost is loaded onto the goods - it has to be paid for somewhere.

I often buy technology on-line, so if I need technical help, it is not unusual for me to pay more for the product because of the support that the company has given me. For example, I have just bought a torch. I originally wanted one that was reduced from £30 to £25. I had some questions, but the seller was not answering emails or the phone. I ended up spending £60 on a better torch with a company that offered the help.

I am never afraid to buy stuff that is being discontinued - it is usually discounted heavily just to move it on.

Freebies in the parcel are not much of an attraction to me - unless they are a sample of something I might actually buy myself. But the best use of a free sample is after a customer has enquired and is about to potentially NOT place an order.... 'Can I send you a sample of that Sir??' I have been using a company for shampoo as a result of this for over 3 years now, and a good website should be able to identify these customers.

I hope this helps!!
  • Firephoenix013
    Options

DavidsTea...they're amazing!

Lol you guessed right. That's where I get my tea from. Love it!
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    % off - if it equates to free shipping then it works for me. If with shipping and % off the items ends up being less than anywhere else then I am sold.
    If I can get it cheaper elsewhere..I move on. I always compare prices
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I buy online and will pay a little extra for convenience (Amazon and eBay for the most part), but if the shipping is too high then I'll get my lazy *kitten* in the car and go drive somewhere to buy it. For large items I always look for free shipping, or free ship-to-store so I can go pick it up. For specialty items like you're talking about, your greatest advantage is that they probably can't be bought locally so you're only competing with other online retailers who sell the same stuff.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    BOGO is usually enticing for me at least!
  • amsxxo
    amsxxo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For me, I love to buy anything that I visualize as beautiful. At the same time I want to be appealing to others, so great reviews on a great product are a plus just so I can varify that I am buying a great thing. Also for shipping, everybody loves free but if not doable then just make sure you still get your profit but still be fair. Also another thing add something extra, secret gift, when you are capable of doing so by purchasing a product.
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    When I buy online I like:

- Very clear and concise info on where they ship and what it will cost in MY currency and what that costs.

- Reviews that don't look fake and examples of the product in use.

- Knowing it's quality. I get art supplies sometimes, I want to know they'e not flimsy or going to break. Return policy?

- Prices that make it make more sense for me to buy online rather than local.

I generally turn back if I'm asked for my payment info prior to knowing the shipping costs. I want all of that info before I'm handing over my card info! Also if I'm asked to do a survey before finishing or any other weird questions that don't apply to the purchase.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I do most of my shopping on line.... Especially at Christmas..:heart: