This is only the beginning for me

Options
radiantrox
radiantrox Posts: 34 Member
I have hypothyroidism so losing weight has been a struggle. Finally taking my medicine regularly and controlling my portions helped get a lot of the weight off. At my highest I was 180 and got down to the 140's but have been stuck there, going up and down a little for months, which was still not healthy enough for my body because I personally was still out of shape and not exercising consistently.

Here are a couple of pics from a couple of years ago at my highest weight:
100_0439a.jpg
4708_544044797760_5903140_32218641_365351_n.jpg

In March, I decided to take a leap and try something new. My gym membership was collecting dust because I made excuses about not having time to get out there to the gym to work out and the stress of law school would make me eat and sleep at weird hours. I joined a challenge group March 4th working out with the Hip Hop Abs program on DVDs, drinking Shakeology every day and getting support online from others with similar goals and aspirations for living a healthier lifestyle. After 8 weeks here are my results:

PicsArt_1367238038461a.jpg

I've broken through my plateau and lost over 4 pounds and over 11 inches (2.5 inches in my waist). I feel great, have more energy and this is only the beginning for me. It has not been easy for me to break through my weight loss plateau, especially with hypothyroidism but the support and accountability of being in a challenge group really kept me motivated to keep going and not get hung up on how slow my progress was coming along or how fickle the scale was at times. The same woman who made excuses (I've used almost every excuse one could think of) not to exercise, who did not enjoy going to the gym now enjoys working out and living a healthy lifestyle and this is only the beginning. My next fitness goal is to incorporate more strength training into my routine.

I hope this inspires someone else to get start or keep going! Add me as a friend or send me a message if you'd like to stay connect and learn more about my journey, or if you'd like to join me in a challenge group :)

Replies

• baby_grl_martinez
    baby_grl_martinez Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up and there will be more success for you in the near future. I wish you all the best.
  • radiantrox
    Options
    Thanks so much! Best wishes on your journey as well!!
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    SUPER - Keep on hip hoppin your way to your best health!!! :flowerforyou:
  • radiantrox
    Options
    haha, I will! Thanks bunny :smile:
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your stomach looks wonderful!!!
  • kathers01
    kathers01 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    awesome job! you look great!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    What a difference in your waist and tummy.....nice ab definition coming out. Keep up the great work.:flowerforyou:
  • radiantrox
    Options
    Thanks everyone! My nutrition made all the difference and the workouts helped. I think adding weights to my routine will really whip my abs into shape.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!