Anyone here interested in Japanese culture & pop culture?

Options
ShimmerKitten
ShimmerKitten Posts: 50 Member
I was wondering if anyone on here was interested in Japanese culture here?
Like, the country and the language and just the history and stuff. Also the pop culture like Music, manga, anime ect.

I'm learning the language and really love the country. I also like some anime and i love Jpop and visual kei.

Anyone?

Replies

• sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    i should move to Japan.I heard Sumo wrestlers get the hottest chicks there
  • ShimmerKitten
    Options
    Generally the thinner cute boys are liked by the "hot chicks" there, well, from what i see. xD
  • sam308lbs
    Options
    Generally the thinner cute boys are liked by the "hot chicks" there, well, from what i see. xD

damnit!! i thought Japan was different :grumble:
  • ShimmerKitten
    Options
    Nope, the same. although they do seem to value being cute a little bit more...
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I went to university in Japan last year. I want to go back soooooo badly.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Oh no I killed the thread again... p(´⌒`。q)
  • sam308lbs
    Options
    Oh no I killed the thread again... p(´⌒`。q)
    tumblr_m92mmjSsNV1rtgxao.gif
  • ShyGirl89
    ShyGirl89 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm very into Japanese culture, and I have been since I was really little. I'm learning the language also, and I'm working on becoming a translator/interpreter. Huge anime/manga and visual kei fan right here :P
  • ShimmerKitten
    Options
    That was my original plan for interpretation, but i've decided against it. I want to go to Japan but i don't know what to do, I might go to university and decide whilst I'm there.
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    Me! :drinker:
  • littleladycousland
    Options
    Me! I lived there for a while since my grandma is from Hokkaido. I'm also an English-Japanese interpreter for a Korean company (quite a mix lol).
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I live in Japan, speak Japanese, and do translations. Though I'm more into subcultural aspects than pop culture.
  • ShimmerKitten
    Options
    me too, really, though i don't mind some of the music and tv shows that come from there. I'm working on getting there after highschool, possibly for university.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Love Love Love Anime!
  • falilvx
    falilvx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    me!!me!! :D i love all about Japan since watching Digimon.i missed that show really bad :P btw,i'm learning the language as well but already forgot most about it. still waiting for Monbukagakusho scholarship though but not really expecting it :)