Ladies: How long did it take you to lose the first 25lbs?

Options
I know everyone is different and I think its so interesting to see the vast differences it takes all of our bodies to drop the same amount of weight. So, how long did it take you to drop the first 25lbs AND what did you do to lose it?

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I went from 174-->149 in about 6 months. Calories ~1300 a day.

Another 5 months and I'm down to 135. 14 pounds in 5 months at 1450 average.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am not at 25 pounds lost yet, but I have lost 18 pounds in about 7 weeks. I am doing 1350 calories and doing cardio 4-5 days a week.

So I am on track for 25 pounds lost in about 10-12 weeks.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I lost 23 lbs in 15 months.
    I counted my calories. Eat healthy foods. I prepared most of my food myself from fresh ingredients. Eliminate all soda and bottled juice. Only water, green tea and coffee for drinks. No sugar, nor sugar substitutes. Use olive oil and vegetable oil (soy, grapeseed, sesame) for cooking. Eat oatmeal for breakfast every day (not the instant kind). Have whey protein 45 minutes before workout and right after workout. No fried food. etc, etc, etc
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    2 months for the first 25 lbs. Started out eating 1700 then lowered it to 1500. I ran 6 days a week at that time. I lost 10 lbs the first week (so mostly water weight I assume) then 2lbs a week after that.
  • lorilwayne2
    lorilwayne2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am also not at 25 lbs yet but I have been doing this consistently about 6 weeks and am down 14 lbs- so a little over 1/2 way there. At this rate I should have 25 lbs down by the middle of June.
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    I'm at 24lbs lost in 6weeks which was fast but I was on cortisteriods and found out I was a celiac prior to losing weight.
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 25lbs in 8 weeks (I had a LOT to lose so it came off quickly at the beginning)
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Took me about 5 months to lose 25 pounds. Netted 1500-1600 calories a day, ate back exercise calories (running, mostly) so actual daily calories in the 1800-2300 range.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    About 4 months, netting around 1600 calories a day, exercising 4-5 days a week, and eating back most of my exercise calories. :smile:
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 25 pounds in 6 months by eating about 1300 calories per day.
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi I lost 20lb in 3 months with diet and increasing exercise!
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Took me about 15 months but I didn't start to exercise regularly until I was on MFP for a while. Exercise really helps and I should have started it in the beginning when I joined.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Um, about 2 months. Lots of exercise & water intake helped. And I was 279 to start, pretty heavy, so it did come off fairly quick.
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Took me about 4 months; I consistently lost about a pound a week for a year, but am slowing down now that I am nearing goal. I ate at 1200 cals, exercised 3 - 5 hours a week, and I don't eat back all my exercise calories and stay mostly at 1200 level. I eat little meat, no bread (although I like me the occasional noodles!). Oatmeal (old fashioned) every day.
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 lbs. three times in my life. (Can you say yo-yo???? Gah!)

Anyway, I lose at a rate of a pound a week. So, 25 weeks from now, I should be 25 lbs lighter and at my goal weight (yet again, for the FINAL time!)
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I went from 158 to 133 in about 3-1/2 months (January 10 to around April 20, this year). Exercise was mostly treadmill running, 90 to 120 minutes a week, with a little 30 Day Shred, exercise bike, and mild weights. Started at 1200 calories, increased to 1350, then 1400, and I generally ate back my exercise calories (200 to 400). I've set my maintenance level at about 1700 (no longer adding in exercise calories), but I'm still losing, so I'm probably going to up it to 1900.

Beyond the exercise, what I think helped me the most is establishing good routines for breakfast and lunch, and making sure I get a fair amount of protein in those meals. No more cereal and breads early in the day (except for Sunday pancakes). Greek yogurt, homemade granola, and ground flaxseed are an awesome way to start the day.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I've lost 22 pounds in about a year. I did it slowly on purpose.
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    24 pounds in 2 months, counting calories and cycling 30 minutes every day. I am very obese though, so probably not a good measure.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I've lost 22 pounds in about a year. I did it slowly on purpose.

What the...I don't even...

ON PURPOSE?!

Madwoman!
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    Lol