My story for anyone interested

Options
For those of you who read this, i thank you for taking the time.
When i first got the motivation to lose weight, i wanted to join the army, i was 245 lbs, so when i walked in to the recruiting office, i was essentially laughed at and asked to come back when i have lost the weight.

I got very angry at the recruiter, though it wasn't his fault, he did not have to be as rude as he was about it.

This sparked a fire in my mind, and the fallowing weekend i was at the store and picked up a 130lb weight set/bench

I worked hard for a year, eating right, and spent EVERY day after work doing something, i learned quickly about "Recovering" haha.

Alot of dieting, P90x, alot of walking and rucking (walking with a weighted backpack) and a year later i walked back into the recruiter office and low and behold the same guy was there, He did not remember me, and i said nothing, but he had nothing to say about my weight and inside my mind i was cheering for myself.

This is me almost 3 months before i went to see the recruiter
100_1246_zps5f974cb1.jpg

This is me, roughly a month before i went back, i weighed 165lbs
188283_205502839464422_4008963_n_zpsf9305869.jpg

The ending of the story ends with me being rejected from the army for a blood disorder i was not aware of (Hypoglycemia) until i had blood testing at MEPS for my recruitment, so i did not get to go anyway...But i looked good at the end of it all!

i have now gained back 20lbs, and am going to go hard to get back to where i was!

Thanks for reading my story!! excited to join myfitnesspal!!!

Replies

• avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Good luck!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Do it for The HEALTH...Setbacks are what happen when You do something for the Wrong reasons! Not getting in the Army is a GOD send...GET HEALTHY and make a Great Life!
    Be Well
  • Jmort90
    Jmort90 Posts: 6
    Options
    i appear to be having difficulty getting the images to work, they are in my profile until i figure this out lol
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    While I am sorry you did not get to go - be proud that you worked so hard so you were not rejected for physical health!!! That gleam in your eye must of been priceless :)

Thank you for sharing! Goals sometimes make this journey easier. I myself buy something I LOVE that doesn't fit me yet. Kind of like that yogurt commercial LOL...it works :)
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Their loss, your gain...well, your loss too (down with the fat!!) Great Job on the weight loss, good luck and keep at it!!
    :happy:
  • decreasing_me
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work. You are worth it!!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

100_1246_zps5f974cb1.jpg

Trying to get the pictures but I have no idea if it will work...

Edit: YAY!!

Great job!!
  • kluvfreddy
    kluvfreddy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! Your loss became a win....win.. situation if you think about it. You lost weight and became healthier and was able to find out you had a blood disorder for trying to join the Army. Without going through your weight loss journey you would not of found it. Awesome job!
  • AmandaMarie916
    AmandaMarie916 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    When i first got the motivation to lose weight, i wanted to join the army, i was 245 lbs, so when i walked in to the recruiting office, i was essentially laughed at and asked to come back when i have lost the weight.

I got very angry at the recruiter, though it wasn't his fault, he did not have to be as rude as he was about it.

This sparked a fire in my mind, and the fallowing weekend i was at the store and picked up a 130lb weight set/bench

I worked hard for a year, eating right, and spent EVERY day after work doing something, i learned quickly about "Recovering" haha.

Alot of dieting, P90x, alot of walking and rucking (walking with a weighted backpack) and a year later i walked back into the recruiter office and low and behold the same guy was there, He did not remember me, and i said nothing, but he had nothing to say about my weight and inside my mind i was cheering for myself.

100_1246_zps5f974cb1.jpg

The ending of the story ends with me being rejected from the army for a blood disorder i was not aware of (Hypoglycemia) until i had blood testing at MEPS for my recruitment, so i did not get to go anyway...But i looked good at the end of it all!

i have now gained back 20lbs, and am going to go hard to get back to where i was!

I can't see the pictures, but good for you! 20 lbs shouldn't be that hard to knock out with a little diet and exercise. :smile:
    Sorry about not being able to make it into the army. Everything happens for a reason though. Like you walking in there in the first place and them giving you that fire to get your body moving and motivated. :smile:
  • dyermatt5
    dyermatt5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Stay motivated! The army wasn't meant to be but look at the progress you made from having a goal! :) P.s. my son is in the army and his friend. All they do is talk about coming home! lol
  • dogwalk
    dogwalk Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You did great! great motivation for all of us!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options

100_1246_zps5f974cb1.jpg

Looking good mate!
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

100_1246_zps5f974cb1.jpg

Trying to get the pictures but I have no idea if it will work...

Edit: YAY!!

Great job!!

amazing job wow big change
  • Darknightswifey
    Darknightswifey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome job! you look great!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story with us. Your transformation was amazing! You know what to do so back to it!
  • make_it_so
    make_it_so Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Lookin' hot! <---- I mean that not in a creepy way, LOL!
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm very proud of you.
  • deemartin2
    deemartin2 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck! Feel free to add me
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great job! and you'll get that 20, no prob :-)
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Great job! and you'll get that 20, no prob :-)

What he said .. and MFP is definitely going to help if you do it right.

<--- on the left is with P90X alone, from 190 to 165, on the right is 3 months after joining MFP, continuing P90X and picking up running @ 150.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!