Favorite Protein Bars

Options

Replies

• heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I like Quest bars and Bonkbreaker. You should sign up for Kona Kase. They deliver around 8-9 different protein bars/shakes/healthy snacks each month for $15. I love it.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I like Quest bars and Bonkbreaker. You should sign up for Kona Kase. They deliver around 8-9 different protein bars/shakes/healthy snacks each month for $15. I love it.

Ohhhhhh! I've never heard of Kona Kase! I just signed up! How long have you been a member?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything that doesn't say Quest.

God those things are incredibly bad.

My actual favorites are Clif Builder's Bars.
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    The cliff bars are good. I can't eat them before I workout or else I get weak really fast. Bananas have the same effect on me because of the sugars - but that's just me. I limit my soy protein because I don't want to become a woman.

I really like balance bars too. Only 200 calories, 15g protein.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Nugo Slim bars, im obsessed with the roasted peanut butter. fiber, low sugar, no sugar alcohols, good amount of protein. They make dairy free version too that is good as well.
    Quest bars weren't too bad, but too chewy, I'll have to try the microwave tip!
  • biggjenn
    biggjenn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like Rise bars - the ingredients are almonds, honey, and whey. That's it. And they taste yummy!!!
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I eat Luna brand a lot and I've also eaten pure protein brand. Both of these are nutritional as well as good. I don't eat junk :wink:
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I just ordered some from here but haven't tried them yet. http://www.dalesrawfoods.com/

It's important to me that the bars are gluten free, all natural and at least in part organic, and naturally sweetened. Plus, theres a sale for buy one get one free which is killer!
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I like Rise bars - the ingredients are almonds, honey, and whey. That's it. And they taste yummy!!!

My favorite protein bars were recently made unavailable but I checked these out and these look pretty good. Thanks for posting!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I also like these: https://www.youbars.com/ You can pretty much make your own. . . they just put them together for you. :bigsmile:
  • veggiestix2
    Options
    my favorite protein bars are Bounce Balls from Canada. no junk fillers. my favorite ones are:

Spirulina and Ginseng Kick

Fudgie Walnut Treat- the fudge is carob

both are suitable for vegans

I also like LARA bars. they are made with dates, fruits, and nuts.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I am just wondering what is everyone's favorite brand (and/or flavor) of protein bars? I need to get some but really just don't know what to try and I hate to spend the money on something that is full of junk.

I make my own from fresh, whole, quality ingredients.

Dates.
    Nuts (Deez Brand)
    Whey protein powder
    Dried fruit
    Nut butter if needed for flavor
    coconut flakes

Optional: gold leaf. Because I'm fabulous, that's why.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    The cliff bars are good. I can't eat them before I workout or else I get weak really fast. Bananas have the same effect on me because of the sugars - but that's just me. I limit my soy protein because I don't want to become a woman.
    Does too much soy protein lead to creating a vagina? That seems uncomfortable.

I keep hearing mixed reviews on Quest, wanna try them myself.

I like Pure Protein and Balance bars. Clif Builders are OK to me, flavor depending. I like their Chocolate Mint.

A friend recently gave me a Power Crunch bar. It's made by BioNutritional Research Group. It was pretty good, first one I've had. They're the wafer kind, so the texture is different. I had the vanilla.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Quest Bars are up there with oxygen for me! Just got a box of chocolate chip cookies dough delivered today. :tongue:
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Ha. There was a study done about estrogen levels and soy protein. Basically there's a compound in soy (isoflavone?) that is structurally similiar to estrogen. It was argued whether this actually decreased or increased estrogen levels by binding to existing estrogen in the body. Conclusion was that it's basically impossible to say, dependent upon the person, and you would have to consume a lot of unfermented soy. Like any study people will choose what they want to believe.

Although there was one guy who claims he grew boobs and lost his sex drive because of a high soy diet.......one guy.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Best stuff I've found so far (little to no junk and tasty) are Quest bars.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I may be in the minority, but I just tried a Pure Protein bar today, and it was naaaasty. Had a really chalky taste to it. Bleh.
    A lot of people seem to like it, though, so it wouldn't hurt to try, but maybe just buy one first to see if you like it.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I am just wondering what is everyone's favorite brand (and/or flavor) of protein bars? I need to get some but really just don't know what to try and I hate to spend the money on something that is full of junk.

I make my own from fresh, whole, quality ingredients.

Dates.
    Nuts (Deez Brand)
    Whey protein powder
    Dried fruit
    Nut butter if needed for flavor
    coconut flakes

Optional: gold leaf. Because I'm fabulous, that's why.

This sounds awesome. :)
  • StephF3692
    StephF3692 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been test tasting different protein bars for a few weeks now, and I agree that the Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough tastes really good, especially when microwaved for about 12 seconds! Almost tastes like eating out of a tube of Nestle Tollhouse! I also have a stash of pure protein smores and chewy cookie, which are palatable. I actually tried a Luna chocolate dipped coconut, but wasn't as impressed as I was by the Quest variety.
  • sdalhall
    sdalhall Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    ThinkThin are my favorite, followed by Pure Protein and Nugo Dark