HOW?

Options
How do I become one of those people who has lost 100 plus pounds?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    One day at a time!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Count calories and move more. You can do it!
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    One pound at a time. Stay within your calorie goal and be patient. You can do this!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Hard work and take one day at a time!!
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Never give up!! Even when you have a bad day! You can do it, just keep at it! I wish you all the best!! :flowerforyou:
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    Hopefully with what I am telling myself every day;

Just. Keep. Going.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you did to lose 17.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be one of those 100 lb. losers, but my body decided it was done at 83-84 lbs. lost....Your body will only do what it will do....I had higher expectations, but with all my workouts and weights and toning stuff, if wont' go any lower than I am now...I am okay with that. :)
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    It takes time and patience I think :) I'm not as big but I do know how easy it is to get distracted and go back to "old habits". You just need to be honest with yourself and be ready to actually change :) There's no easy fix, unless you want to yo-yo back up, which I am sure you do not! Just decrease your calories, increase your activity (even if it's just a little at first), and forgive yourself if you stray, but just don't give up on yourself ! :) Good luck girl!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Don't have a specific timeline for losing (wedding, reunion, vacation). It's nice to lose for those, but if you falter and won't reach your goal by the event it's easy to give up. Don't be discouraged that it's likely going to be a 2 year project. Hang in there!
  • rhondacollins102
    Options
    I have lost 75 lbs since Sept 26.The first thing I changed was my way of thinking.Food is no longer as important to me as I once thought it was.Ive started eating healthier,Im more active.I take it one day,one step,and one pound at a time.Dont weigh every day ,your weight can vary every day.You have to feed your body to loose weight.Dont drink your calories,save them for a meal that will keep you satisfied.I have about 30 more lbs to loose.If I can do it,so can you
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Maintain a calorie deficit and exercise.

Yup. Consistency.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost 100 pounds yet, but what I do is take it one day at a time. Try to better yourself in food & fitness everyday. With food I try to incorporate my favorite food, but with smaller portions or a healthier version of it. I also try to make sure I get at least 48-64 ounces of water a day.
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I think looking at the total goal makes it tough. Yes, keep your goal in the back of your mind, but 100 pounds sounds like such a lot. Focus on smaller, more easily attainable goals. You can do it!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Add patience to the list.
  • waterlibby
    waterlibby Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody!
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    How to become a person who has lost 100 pounds: Eating at a deficit, working your butt off.

How to stay a person who has lost 100 pounds for the rest of your life: Make yourself and your health a priority. Be consistent, be sure healthful eating and an active body are part of your everyday life.
  • imjusme
    imjusme Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Add patience to the list.

^^^^^^^THIS!!!!!!