Breakfast ideas/recipes? Clean eating:)

Options

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with unsweetened applesauce, cinnamon and if needing sweetened then some stevia. it's like a freaking apple pie
    oatmeal with maple syrup and pb
    mix banana and egg whites to make "pancakes"
    "somoa" bars - blend dates, carob or choc chips and unsweetened coconut and drop of vanilla extract, form into bars. so good!
    ohsheglows.com has some awesome looking breakfast recipes
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    every morning i have a egg scramble thingy, With 1 egg 2 whites whisked up with 2 table spoons of cottage cheese instead of milk, Mushrooms, ham, pepper, spinach, sometimes left over sweet potato and corn from the night before. keep me full for hours.

I always find if i eat sweet food for breakfast i get a really bad head ache by about 10 oclock.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Pancake recipe:

1 ripe banana + 2 eggs = pancakes! Whole batch = about 250 cals. Add a dash of cinnamon and a tsp. of vanilla! Top with fresh berries!

Theses are good but i would say only use one egg i find they get way to runny otherwise
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    1 serving traditional oat meal
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1 tsp honey
    pumpkin pie spice (to taste)

Microwave in water, following package directions. Add blueberries.

2/3 cup frozen mixed vegetables
    half a can of salmon in water (or 1 serving smoked salmon)
    Costco organic 12 spice seasoning (salt free)
    4 egg whites

Mix on the skillet and heat for three to five minutes, until warm.

1 frozen banana
    1 scoop whey protein
    1 cup skim milk

Mix in a blender, add ice if needed.

Scooby poo bars: Make in advance. If you use a low calorie soy protein powder like plain naturade, you can reduce these puppies to about 90 calories each. Through in an extra half cup of shredded carrot to make them bigger, and two tablespoons of special dark hershey's cocoa powder with some stevia or sweetener for an extra chocolate kick:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/2011/04/15/scooby-poo-bars/
  • ogiesmom
    ogiesmom Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • mrnedburns
    mrnedburns Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm not much into breakfast so this will sound boring to most people...

On days where I don't plan to be very active I have:

4oz 1% milk
    1/2 of a banana

On semi active days I'll have:
    8 oz 1% milk (half in the cereal, half in a glass)
    31g of Special K Original
    A sliced banana
    A sliced strawberry

On very active days I add whole wheat toast with peanut butter or a protein bar (Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe).

Probably boring, but I don't much care to eat in the morning and only do so to get my metabolism going and to spend a little bit of time with my little girl before heading off to work.
  • MattN1972
    MattN1972 Posts: 117
    Options
    .5 cup oats
    1ounce almonds
    .5 cup frozen blueberries.
    1 packet splenda

Everyday at work.
  • animalgurl000
    animalgurl000 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Littlemissjackie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    spray coffee mug with pam, break two eggs, add a little almond milk and salt. microwave for 1 min, take out and give a quick stir, back in micorwave for 45 - 50 seconds - quick low cal healthy breakfast - can add cheese or ham/turkey sausage bacon - whatever calories you would like to add.

This is a good idea, I'm going to have to try it!
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Littlemissjackie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I make a hot cereal with chocolate almond milk quinoa and chia seed kills my chocolate cravings and is good for me. I add about two Tablespoons of each chia seed and quinoa and a fourth cup almond milk and microwave for about 3 or 4 minutes then let rest until the quinoa is cooked through you can always add more almond milk if you like :smile:

I was looking for a breakfast quinoa recipe! This sounds yummy!
  • shethumb
    shethumb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Egg Cupcakes! Zero carbs - WAY YUMMY!

I usually make a batch on Sunday so I've got breakfast ready all week that takes 30 seconds to heat up in the microwave.

Prepare your muffin tin - regular sized. I use the silicone cupcake cups simply because they make cleanup easier. Set your oven to 375. If you use mini-muffins, you get to eat two! Somehow, that makes your brain think there's more. Divide the ingredients in half of course.

Each cup gets one scrambled egg (or the equivalent in egg beaters if I have any at the moment).

Each cup gets one ounce of meat. Either a slice of 97% fat free canadian bacon diced up, or a turkey sausage patty.

Each cup gets a veggie. Diced peppers, broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, a little of each. Whatever is leftover from what I made for dinner last night. Whatever you like.

Each cup gets a little diced onion (trust me, it'll all fit).

I've also done these with black beans and salsa instead of the meat and other veggies.

Top it with a tablespoon or so of shredded low-fat cheese of your choice, and bake for about 15 minutes.

When they're cool, wrap them up and stick them in the fridge. In the morning - nuke it for 15-30 seconds and you're out the door.

If you've just got to have crust...take a tube of Grand's biscuits and quarter them. Add 1/4 of a biscuit to each cup and cut down a little on the rest. The biscuit will float to the top when baking, but it'll still be mighty yummy!

These travel really well, I've taken them for office potlucks.
  • TSTiffany
    TSTiffany Posts: 2
    Options
    Green smoothie...2 handfuls of fresh spinach, 1 banana, 5 strawberries, 1/3 cup skim milk and ice. Blend.
  • oliviasmomma0713
    Options
    I love egg muffins....healthy with lots of protein and no carbs. I make a dozen at a time, they keep for a week or so and super yummy.

1 dozen scrambled eggs or egg beaters, breakfast meat (sausage, ham, turkey bacon, canadian bacon) with shreeded cheese.

I scramble the eggs, spray the muffin pan with pam, cook the meat however you desire, place the meat in the bottom of the muffin pan, pour eggs over the top and sprinkle with cheese. Cook on 350 for about 15-20 mins. About 110 calories per muffin.
  • holdyourdevil
    holdyourdevil Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like taking a serving of dry (uncooked) steel-cut oats and mixing it with half a cup of Fage's 0% Greek yogurt and some fruit that I warm up in the microwave (I've been buying frozen berries and mango lately, so I just thaw them and let them warm a bit). Then I stir it all together and enjoy. :)
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    On sundays I make up 6 breakfast wraps and freeze them for the week.

I use:
    Ezekiel Tortillas
    1 container of egg whites (16-18 whites)
    1 avocado
    2 tbsp homemade salsa per wrap
    1 can of black beans that I boil in a little water then puree with taco seasoning.

Each wrap starts with the black beans, then is topped with 1/6 of a smooshed avocado, salsa then egg whites. I wrap them in cling wrap and freeze them. I take 1 out of the freezer and put it in the fridge to thaw the night before I want to eat it. It takes me about 15 minutes of prep for a whole weeks worth of breakfasts.

I also will sometimes have 1/3 cup of oatmeal cooked with a banana. This allows me to forgo the brown sugar that I would normally put on it.
  • backpacker44
    Options
    I love egg muffins....healthy with lots of protein and no carbs. I make a dozen at a time, they keep for a week or so and super yummy.

1 dozen scrambled eggs or egg beaters, breakfast meat (sausage, ham, turkey bacon, canadian bacon) with shreeded cheese.

I scramble the eggs, spray the muffin pan with pam, cook the meat however you desire, place the meat in the bottom of the muffin pan, pour eggs over the top and sprinkle with cheese. Cook on 350 for about 15-20 mins. About 110 calories per muffin.

I have never seen cheese that is OK for clean eating, what do you use? I'd love to try it as I reallllly miss cheese!
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I like lots of protein and fat in my breakfasts:

Usually eggs with salsa and avocado.

Sugarly breakfasts don't satisfy me for very long :/
  • backpacker44
    Options
    Does anyone consider Ezekiel bread as part of "clean eating?"

I'm thinking about going Primal -- which I see as the next step of clean eating -- but I am having trouble giving up my 'Zeke.

I totally consider Ezekiel bread as part of Clean Eating. I use it once a day for sure.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Eggs, nitrate free bacon, steak, turkey sausage. Protein will keep you feeling fuller longer and provide sustained energy.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm on an oatmeal kick these days. This week I'm having hot oats & greek yogurt. Next week I'm doing overnight oats w/ peaches & cinnamon. Then I think it will be time for some baked oatmeal.