Ladies: How long did it take you to lose the first 25lbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    As of last friday, I'm down 18lbs in 4 weeks... I have a lot TO lose though, so... yeah.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I just hit 25 pounds lost in the last week, started on January 1.

I ate 2000-2100 calories a day (overall average is 2070), I lifted heavy weights three times a week, I did some cardio after weightlifting, and took a walk on my off days sometimes.

The bodyfat calculators are telling me that I lost 100% fat and kept all of my LBM -- and this is really important to me, because I want to look terrific when I hit my goal weight, instead of having to try to regain lost muscle.
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Went from 219 to 195 in 2-1/2 months. I'm between 5'1" and 5'2" and 46 years old. Lost 50 pounds in 5-1/2 months. However, in the next 4 months I've only lost another 18 pounds. I've been eating more calories (1450-1500 vs. 1300-1350) and, honestly, exercising less. I really like walking, biking, and other outdoor activities for cardio. I do my cardio consistently and I find I have more motivation (and maybe energy?) to put into light strength training. Starting to get moving more again and think I'm about ready to look at lifting to make body composition and shape progress that will likely also result in some weight losses. I have a nice invite from an MFP friend to visit her gym where she's started lifting and other strength training in recent months and I believe I'll take her up on it soon.

Initial goal is a number I picked based on a place I could remember being before I became more than modestly overweight. I look at myself in the mirror now and know that significant body composition changes and additional losses are probably what it would take to make me happy with what I see.
  • Cobwellac
    Cobwellac Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I know I'm going to get flamed by those who read this, but I lost 25 pounds in 3.5 months by eating about 800 calories a day and exercising regularly (though not a ton). I was 41 at the time and I'm very short (5'1"). I've always had a slow metabolism with a BMR around 1000 -- although now it's around 1200.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs in 7-8 weeks, eating about 1200 per day.
  • CatMcCheesey
    CatMcCheesey Posts: 143
    Options
    I lost my first 25 in 9 weeks (I'm at 30 lbs lost now, but 20 since I joined MFP, hence the reading on my ticker) I use 1200 calories as my base (I eat more when I work out) I do 30 minutes of weight training and 30 minutes of cardio, three times a week.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I had lost a total of 25 a few weeks ago and it took me almost 11 months, starting around 180 but I didn't start exercising regularly until around January or February.
  • Bells89
    Bells89 Posts: 19
    Options
    I lost my "first" 25 in about 3 months (end of January til now). I've been doing 5:2 and eating about 1500-1600 on "feast days" with a "cheat day" on sundays. I do cardio about 2-3 times a week (zumba, step etc.) and I try to lift weights about 2 times a week although I've been in a rot with that lately.

I say my "first" 25 because as my ticker says, I lost 10 lb before my 25 now. But I did that by just going from completely sitting still and eating pizza every day to walking a little and eating a bit healthier. Took about 3 months as well. But since I started being more active in my weight loss pursuit, it has obviously speeded up a little
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I know I'm going to get flamed by those who read this, but I lost 25 pounds in 3.5 months by eating about 800 calories a day and exercising regularly (though not a ton). I was 41 at the time and I'm very short (5'1"). I've always had a slow metabolism with a BMR around 1000 -- although now it's around 1200.

Thats great for you. I would not have that kind of discipline to eat that little. But you look great and please, ignore the haters.

I eat around 1280 - 1600 and I have lost 12 pounds in 4 weeks.
  • Cobwellac
    Cobwellac Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Thats great for you. I would not have that kind of discipline to eat that little. But you look great and please, ignore the haters.

I eat around 1280 - 1600 and I have lost 12 pounds in 4 weeks.

Aw, thank you!
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    51 yo
    5'3"
    SW 199.8
    CW 179.0

20.8 and counting................ 12 weeks thus far.
    12-1300 calories, fat grams usually <= 32 grams/day
  • cheshire29
    cheshire29 Posts: 48
    Options
    4 months. It has been much slower since I got to 40 lost.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    1300 calories a day from January to mid-May: 170.5 to 145. I walked, I did a lot of aerobics and dancing (at home), I swam at the gym, I went between treadmill and stationary bike... and I ate a LOT of Fresh 'n' Easy fruit and cheese dishes... which I am a little distressed at not being able to find anymore.

*Edit* This was last year. I took a lot of time off to maintain during college finals, graduation, and adjusting to the new job.
  • tocara
    tocara Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i am 22lbs lighter after 4 months of diet and exercise, 154 to 132ish now

i dont count calories as much as 'portions'.

my daily portions are
    2.5 protein, 3 fruits, 4 veggies, 2 starches, 2 health fats, 2 dairy and a whatever (around 100cal ish...) 3 litres of water

I exercise 6 days a week.
    monday - off
    tues- cardio class and stregth
    wed- cardio class
    thurs- strength and cardio class
    fri- tennis
    sat- cardio class
    sun- cardio class and weight class
  • colograndma
    colograndma Posts: 67
    Options
    I only have 30 I want to loose. I have just started, and I work a job that I am sitting 10-12 hours a day, so have had to work in activity as I can. However in 10 day I lost 3 pounds. It is very revealing when you tally your calorie intake, but uplifting when you see your activity subtract those calories as well. You can do this!
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    4 months, although the first 10 came off in the first week and the last 5 have been on and off. IF 11-8, 1400 NET, sometimes less as I can burn over 1000 calories sometimes.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite there yet, 2lb to go for that award but if it goes to plan it will have taken 3mths. Started on 1200 but now on 1300 + exercise calories.
  • DalalMutar
    DalalMutar Posts: 97
    Options
    I had to conver to lbs since we use Kgs here.

Anyway.

My starting weight was 106 kgs (233.7 lbs)

so my first 25 lbs would be around 208.7 lbs (94.6 Kgs)

it took me a month or so.a little more than a month I believe

I wasn't familiar with MFP. but I used to eat healthier (supposedly above 1800 cals)

but I used to really exercise! 3 hours in the gym doing a lot of jogging and liftings etc etc