The Best Pizza Dough Recipe Ever!

booch221
booch221 Posts: 51 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
For years I been searching in vain for a good pizza dough recipe. I tried Julia Child, I tried Martha Stewart, Betty Crocker, Cook's Illustrated--nothing tasted like real pizzeria pizza. Then I found Cheri's Favorite Pizza Dough.

The secret is using two kinds of flour: 2 3/4 cups of bread flour, and 1/2 cup semolina flour. Just copy and paste the link below for all the details or Google "Cheri's Favorite Pizza Dough".
http://www.fabulousfoods.com/usa/article/46/28295

Pizza doesn't have to be fattening when you control what goes on top. Bertolli Marinara sauce makes a wonderful topping to which you can add veggies such as green pepper, red onion, and olives. Turkey pepperoni has 1/3 the fat of regular pepperoni.

The recipe makes 2 pounds of dough. 1/4 of the recipe is 570 calories.

Replies

• SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Thanks for the link, booch. My (high school) boys prefer homemade pizza to pizzaria any day (less greasy, more toppings, they say). I will try out this new crust recipe next time a I get a request for pizza for dinner.
  • CoachJ77
    CoachJ77 Posts: 80 Member
    Sounds so good! Once I am eating carbs again I may just try it! I will make it a thinner crust for less calories though :)
  • Thanks for the recipe
  • peggy1952
    peggy1952 Posts: 46
    sounds good I may just try it, thanks:flowerforyou:
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    bump
  • booch221
    booch221 Posts: 51 Member
    I have made this with the food processor and without. Making it by hand is easy and just as fast because you don't have to clean the food processor. It requires very little hand mixing and light kneading. Just enough to get all the ingredients to come together. Just be sure to let it rise for at least 2 hours.

The dough will be moist and sticky. When I'm ready to use it, I put a little olive oil on my hands and press it out onto parchment paper. It doesn't spring back that way. Then I add my toppings and slide the parchment paper right on to a pizza stone and bake it for about 8 minutes. I bought a nice pizza stone at Target for about $12.

You can put leftover dough in ziplock bags and freeze it.
This discussion has been closed.