"Other" successes

Options
Amandac6772
Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
I tend to focus on the weight loss as my only success. I was thinking this morning that I've gained so much more than just losing 12 lbs.

1. My skin looks freaking fantastic for the first time in 2 year (I swear I think some wrinkles have went away...healthy lifestyle=fountain of youth...maybe???)
2. I have energy to do stuff with my family after supper instead of flopping in the recliner and going to sleep at 7:30
3. I have new wonderful MFP pals, can't do it without you guys!!!
4. My attitude is WONDERFUL, before I tended to be very negative and down all the time
5. More productive at work (unless I get sucked into reading posts on MFP....hahahaha)

What are your "other" successes?

Replies

• krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My hair is thicker! My hair had got really thin for the last couple of years, it was about a 1/4 of the thickness of my sister's so I found this exciting!
    I just realised last night that this is the longest I've ever stuck to a healthy eating plan! Even better though is the fact that I only just realised that. Time really does fly!
    My jeans fit like they were made for me!
    The psychological changes are pretty massive! I'm still at the early stages of this journey but to see changes as early as six weeks in is just remarkable. I feel like I can trust myself to choose to eat/exercise sensibly. I don't want to mess it up. I'm just really enjoying the process. The amount of weight I have to lose doesn't seem so daunting any more and I feel like I can go beyond my goal weight (which is pretty close to just about healthy) and find a healthy weight that I look good at! It's not a struggle any more. I feel like I've taken control of my life!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Instead of going on vacation and simply going from restaurant to restaurant, we end up looking for areas to go running, and walking a lot more and enjoying the scenery instead of just jumping into a car.

I'm always amazed how much more endurance I have in doing these things. Running? Me? I used to say I would only run if someone was chasing me. Now, I do it because it feels GOOD.

:blushing: No more constipation.

Great nails.

Whole entire family making better food choices. My 9-year-old daughter now bypasses dessert or will only eat a bite or two and stop when she is full as opposed to downing everything in two minutes or less. Hubby will bypass second plate of pasta for a second helping of veggies. Eight-year-old son loading up on plain fresh fruits and vegetables.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Great nails.

Yes! I usually get a crack in each thumb nail just as the nail is developing a white tip. Both nails have about 1/16th of white and NO cracks!!

L
  • twingirls05
    Options
    This is a great topic!!!

1. I actually WANT to exercise and it's not something that I "need" to do, I "want" to do it!

2. Setting healthy goals for myself. This year, it was to PR on my previous half marathon time (which I went from 2:16 to 2:13...DONE), to run a 10K in under an hour (58:09...DONE) and to run a 5K in under 30 minutes (29:08...DONE). My next goal is to run and just finish my first marathon (scheduduled for mid-Oct). I love being able to meet my new "healthy" goals!

3. Having the energy to run around with my 3 small kids.

4. Wearing and feeling good in a bathing suit...and even getting compliments in it from complete strangers!

5. Seeing how my lifestyle has prompted many others around me to change what they are doing also!

6. Looking years younger than what I did 5 years ago!
  • Amandac6772
    Options

Great nails.

Yes! I usually get a crack in each thumb nail just as the nail is developing a white tip. Both nails have about 1/16th of white and NO cracks!!

Great one!!! I hadn't even thought about that but mine are way better too!
    L
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Instead of going on vacation and simply going from restaurant to restaurant, we end up looking for areas to go running, and walking a lot more and enjoying the scenery instead of just jumping into a car.

I'm always amazed how much more endurance I have in doing these things. Running? Me? I used to say I would only run if someone was chasing me. Now, I do it because it feels GOOD.

:blushing: No more constipation.

Great nails.

Whole entire family making better food choices. My 9-year-old daughter now bypasses dessert or will only eat a bite or two and stop when she is full as opposed to downing everything in two minutes or less. Hubby will bypass second plate of pasta for a second helping of veggies. Eight-year-old son loading up on plain fresh fruits and vegetables.

Going on vacation at the end of August and I'm so excited because the place we go has a great place to walk/jog to a beautiful marsh and back. Normally I would just stay in bed until I HAD to get up.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Great post and all of your points are motivating! Yes more energy is fabulous and just a general all around happier attitude! Thanks for sharing your other successes and helping the rest of us start thinking about the same!
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Going out to eat...and ordering SALAD instead of anything that's extremely fatty.
    Finding bones where I didn't know I had them...hello collar bones and wrist bones :)

I'm so much happier and upbeat lately.
    I feel like I can actually accomplish anything I put my mind too.

I want to run for the first time in my life.

I LOVE THIS THREAD!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I have so much more energy than I used to.

I feel like I have missed something if I dont get some kind of exercise in everyday.

My clothing all fits better but its more than I am almost in the same shape as I was when I was in college (about 8 years ago).
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    I have so much more energy than I used to.

I feel like I have missed something if I dont get some kind of exercise in everyday.

My clothing all fits better but its more than I am almost in the same shape as I was when I was in college (about 8 years ago).

The clothes thing is a biggie. I put on a top today that zips down the side...couldn't zip it in May, fits fine now...yah me!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!