A new you fitness Challenge May/June 2013

Options
I have been searching through the boards trying to find a group to join. Then thought to myself.....start your own. So that is what I am going to do.
I am starting a CrossFit program today. And would like a group to support me in it (NO you do not have to be doing CrossFit) . I will do different challenges through out the week. I have a spreadsheet for keeping track of different daily activities.

This will be a place to come for support and motivation. A place to be held accountable! :smile:

Start weight:April 30th: (I will post mine later, I am going to weigh in on Tue's at 6p)
Starting inches:
End of May goal weight: 165#
End of June goal weight: 155#
Ultimate goal weight: 135#

Because as our bodies change we may not loose pounds but inches so we will also do measurements April 30th, May 28th and June 25th.
When measuring measure:
Neck
shoulders
chest
biceps (both)
forearms (both)
waist
hips
thighs (both)
calves (both)

Weekly weigh in:
May 7th
May 14th
May 21st
May 28th
June 4th
June 11th
June 18th
June 25th

I also suggest taking before and after pictures. We may not feel a difference but others can always see what we don't so why not have a picture (that's worth a 1000 words) to show your progression!!!! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO POST HERE. Just keep to yourself or if you wish you can post here.

Replies

• chrissysue
    chrissysue Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • hopkinsa11
    hopkinsa11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i am in hun. I need motivation:)
    sw 200
    gw 150
    i am un able to measure myself at the moment but the picture idea is amazing !!
  • msoto2011
    msoto2011 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am in. I need motivation and a push. This may be it and you are correct sometimes our bodies will not lose weight but it will inches.:smile:
  • chrissysue
    Options
    Good morning! Welcome! Nice to see you here! If you can send me an off line message with your email address so I can send you the spreadsheet.
    Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

TODAYS CHALLENGE:
    Send a message with your struggles. What is hardest for you and what is easiest for your during weight loss.

For me, the easiest is to drink my water. I personally drink upwards of 1 gallon daily.....except weekends that is a bit tough.
    the hardest is to stay focused and motivated. I am a results oriented person....I know I shouldn't but I am a scale junkie and weigh in daily. So if I see the same few pounds come and go over and over I get discouraged.....

OK off to get breakfast.
    Have a wonderful day!
  • chrissysue
    Options
    Good morning! Hope everyone is off to a great start of their journey! I have completed 2 days of CrossFit. I am SORE :huh: LOL!
    Today will be day three and then off til Monday.....the class is Mon-Thurs. Going to fill in with some swimming in between. :tongue:

Todays Challenge
    Create small attainable goals for yourself. Also list rewards for those goals.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • chrissysue
    Options
    Good morning!
    Not sure where everyone is.....but I am going to continue to focus on my goals and post daily here.
    I didn't even think that after I posted yesterdays challenge to answer it myself... :/
    SO here are my goals/rewards.
    For May:
    Make each crossfit class. Reward mani/pedi
    Drink 128oz of water daily. Reward new top
    Lose 10# Reward massage

TODAYS CHALLENGE
    Add 5 minutes to your workout

Have a great day!
  • chrissysue
    Options
    Good morning!
    Todays challenge:
    Take before pictures. Don't have to post them.
  • kcahill1006
    kcahill1006 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Excellent--I like this idea! I could use some accountability.

Start weight: 135
    Current Weight: 129
    Goal Weight: I don't know! Possibly somewhere around 120?

I really like the idea of small attainable goals...I've never done anything like that before.
  • chrissysue
    Options
    Good morning! Sorry I have been MIA. It has been crazy busy here. I also just realized I never entered my starting weight. I believe it was 176# and this weeks weight well I didn't do it. :( My days have run into one another. I will do it tonight.

Todays Challenge:
    Keep track of your steps. If you don't have one get a cheap pedometer.
  • chrissysue
    Options
    Good morning! I hope everything is going well! today's challenge is to eat 5 servings of fruits/veggies.