Hot Dogs.....

Options

Replies

• spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    zweigles white hots.... put everything on them.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Lol, if you're Filipino, you cut them up and put them in with spaghetti noodles and ketchup.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    With ketchup, chili and cheese. :)
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    YUK
  • SarahDavs
    SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm a freak: I love Big Franks, a certain brand of vege-dogs and I'm not even a vegetarian anymore. But I grew up on them. I like them heated, dipped in secret sauce (ketchup, mayo and pickle juice. ;-)
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    For max deliciousness: bacon wrapped with cheese and maybe some ranch dressing

But for a healthy option, the Tofurkey brand veggie kielbasa's are pretty amazing! Lotta protein too!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    All beef or all turkey dogs...grilled, mustard (yellow, spicy, brown, Dijon; no matter lol) sliced tomatoes, dill pickle spear (claussen or Carnegie deli style)!!!

Or cheese sauce & jalapeños!

If anyone says ketchup I will CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

**ETA officially sad by how many mentioned ketchup
  • 1cfeldman
    1cfeldman Posts: 1
    Options
    My husband and I own a Hot Dog cart and only serve Sabretts. We have the spicy brown mustard and the BBQ Onions & Sauce.
    Check us out at www.yummydogs.net
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Hebrew Nationals or similar skinny not plumping hot dogs grilled or cooked in a dry cast iron skillet till covered with burned bits, topped with mustard, onions, and dill pickle relish. Butterfly cut and pan fried with a bit of oil is also an option. Fried requires sharp cheddar cheese, jalapenos, raw or caramelized onions, and mustard.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Bratwurst ( plain hot dogs are boring) with spicy brown stone ground mustard, on a bun.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    kraft mayo with olive oil on the bun, then the dog (Nathan's all beef) topped with a thin line of mustard, homemade chili, finely chopped red onion, and homemade cole slaw (slaw always on top) :tongue: << DROOL!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    No one else here likes chili and slaw? You all must be from the North. I can't eat a hot dog without some good cole slaw.
  • stephelan
    stephelan Posts: 81
    Options
    At a Bruins game with ketchup and a beer. (On my cheat day of course...)
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If I am out and don't want to make a mess. Just a little mustard.

If I'm eating at home. Mustard, relish, onions, pickles.

I usually buy the turkey dogs, because I'll go through at least 8 hot dogs, and I can do this and keep my macros delicious.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Mustard goes on first. Then jalapenos, cheese sauce, and ketchup. Dill pickles optional. Also, if you spiral cut them before cooking, there's more surface for the condiments: http://www.chow.com/food-news/119349/why-you-should-spiral-cut-your-hot-dog-for-grilling/

We stick our hotdogs on a skewer, then spiral them and grill them. It also makes them fit the bun better.
    Chopped relish, onion, jalapeno, mustard and sometimes sweet pepper & onion relish.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    What's your favorite way to eat them?

Grilled with mustard, relish, onion for me.

THIS :love:
  • dennik15
    dennik15 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hoffmann's Snappy Griller (coney) with spicy brown mustard. Must.Have.One.Now.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    For max deliciousness: bacon wrapped with cheese and maybe some ranch dressing

But for a healthy option, the Tofurkey brand veggie kielbasa's are pretty amazing! Lotta protein too!

You should have stopped at "bacon wrapped with cheese"! You lost me after that! LOL!

I like plain old ketchup and mustard or ketchup and chili...Boring, I know!!
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Only Sahlen's brand, on the grill and with lots of ketchup!
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I only buy the Applegate Farms Grassfed Organic 100% beef ones. They're so good-- and only like 110 calories. No snouts or anything, and no nitrates. Yum!

My favorite toppings are coleslaw and hot sauce, but I don't eat the bun! :)