Hi from an Introvert

Options
Hi! I am a 22 y.o. college student and have been using mfp for about 3 weeks now. I am 275lbs and 5'4" so I definitely have a challenge ahead of me, so I could really use the advice and motivation of those who are or have been on this journey. I don't have the most support in my day-to-day life which makes it difficult to not give up. I am hoping that if I become involved in the mfp community enough, that will help maintain that motivation. The hardest months for me are coming up because I will be home a lot more and thus have more time open that I usually spent snacking. I would love to be 50lbs down come graduation in December, so I will absorb as much mfp love as I can to get me through it.

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Hi from an Extrovert!

I'm actually only an inch shorter than you, also a college student, and lazy! (I read your profile, I promise I'm not creepy. Ok, maybe a little)
  • nonSinistral
    nonSinistral Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is a little creepy, so it's no biggie. As for lazy, I'm almost positive I could beat anybody in that contest (if anyone would even bother holding it), yet somehow I am still on track for graduation. Crazy, huh? By the way, awesome pic, lol.
  • mcampbell_22
    Options
    Hi, I signed up with MFP about 4 months ago and didn't keep up with it. I don't have any support at home with my weightloss journey so hopefully we can encourage each other.
  • mjkpe
    mjkpe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this.:smile: I too was rather lazy and did not want to exercise. And I still have days where I don't want to. :ohwell: Since joining mfp I have so much more energy that it takes less energy to get me exercising! :happy: I work on Navy ships and often have to climb many decks. I used to have to stop half way "for my heart attack". :tongue: Now I actually relish pulling myself up the handrails and can even carry on a conversation after climbing twice what used to "kill" me. :happy: Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • nonSinistral
    Options
    Hi! I think that support is one of the most important parts of any weight-loss mission, and probably why most people fail to maintain motivation. I am definitely happy to help support and motivate a fellow mfp-er.
  • nonSinistral
    Options
    mjkpe - I totally know what you're talking about, I am hoping that by starting with changing my diet first, that once I get more energy the thought of exercise won't scare me so much. Thank you so much for the kind words!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    50 pounds is a doable goal. But, that is going to take a lot of dedication. That's more than a pound a week. If you have no pressing health concerns why the hurry? You are already beautiful and if you are also healthy and also have a good personality... Any way, I am sure you can do it. But, it might be a bit better in the long run to establish healthy habits like eating more veggies and getting more exercise and concentrate on doing that every day and make sure you log everything. That will give you the habits you need not just to lose weight but maintain it for life.
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    HELLER! lol I'm also a hardcore introvert, which probably contributes to my creepiness. I appreciate your positive energy and willingness to share your journey with the world. If you don't mind my crazy, maybe we can stoke each others energy levels to succeed and eat life. (not the cereal, there's way yummier cereals than that.) :3

I think the most important aspect of weight-loss/fitness is to have fun. If you're not having fun, then who the hell wants to bother!? lol
  • nonSinistral
    Options
    ArchangelMJ - :laugh: I'm pretty sure I've never been friends with anyone who wasn't at least moderately crazy. I'm more of the subdued crazy, but I promise you - it's there. I don't think I could pass up the chance to get to know someone whose goal is to eat life, so sign me up. lol.
  • nonSinistral
    Options
    50 pounds is a doable goal. But, that is going to take a lot of dedication. That's more than a pound a week. If you have no pressing health concerns why the hurry? You are already beautiful and if you are also healthy and also have a good personality... Any way, I am sure you can do it. But, it might be a bit better in the long run to establish healthy habits like eating more veggies and getting more exercise and concentrate on doing that every day and make sure you log everything. That will give you the habits you need not just to lose weight but maintain it for life.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm not at all planning on forcing this weightloss to go any faster than it does, but it's just one of those hopes that you get when you start losing weight. It really just helps me keep determined in my mind that I'll still be on track in December. I find it difficult to do planning that far in the future, and I'm terrible at creating new habits. So maybe my goal for graduation really is to have solidified, consistent, healthy lifestyle.