Insanity Workout

Options
Well Going to give the Insanity routine a try. I'm excited yet nervous. Every time I have started a routine I get discouraged or lose interest really quick...hoping by joining fitnesspal I have found a way to stay with the program. Would love to hear feedback from people who are currently using the program, have completed the program, or others who have thought about using it.

Replies

• totalbloat08
    totalbloat08 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's great that you are going to do Insanity. It is really intense! I am sure it will provide great results. My husban and I purchased it over a year ago. He did a much better job of using it than I did. He would be dripping in sweat when he finished, seriously dripping. I use the ab dvd, but don't go at Shaun T's pace. Good luck! :smile: We will be excited to hear what you think.
  • phillip_andrews
    Options
    I'm currently on week 1 day 3 and after every work out I have been pouring with sweat. I couldn't do everything I'm the video but I have adapted the routine in the video to suit me. Also don't get discouraged that you can't keep up with the people In the video they are fitness freaks.

Best of luck :)
  • skp6886
    skp6886 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just did the Fitness Test this morning! Wow! Talk about sweating!!!!! I'm anxious and excited to move on to the other DVD's and then go back to the Fitness test to see how I've progressed.

I have to modify some of it as I can't do certain things as they bother one of my toes. Such as the push ups on the floor where you do the push up jumping jacks and the suicide jumps. However, I was able to do the low plank oblique's.

I'm wondering how to log it on my fitness pal's exercise log?? Maybe under Tae Bo? Or Kickboxing? I was going to put it under Tae Bo since it's sort of similar.

Best of luck!!!!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I just did the Fitness Test this morning! Wow! Talk about sweating!!!!! I'm anxious and excited to move on to the other DVD's and then go back to the Fitness test to see how I've progressed.

I have to modify some of it as I can't do certain things as they bother one of my toes. Such as the push ups on the floor where you do the push up jumping jacks and the suicide jumps. However, I was able to do the low plank oblique's.

I'm wondering how to log it on my fitness pal's exercise log?? Maybe under Tae Bo? Or Kickboxing? I was going to put it under Tae Bo since it's sort of similar.

Best of luck!!!!

If you use the search function I'm confident you'll find the answer of how to log it, it's a pretty popular workout on the boards :)
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've noticed with my heart rate monitor that it is pretty similar to what myfitness pal logs for circuit training. :)

I am on Week three day 5! you can do this!!!! i found myself modifying things in the first week and then slowly weaning myself off of those modifications. Some i still need because of patellar tendonitis, so I don't aggravate my knees.

but you can do this!!! I really think a lot of it is about finding that video trainer that motivates you to keep doing your personal best (which is different from anyone else's personal best). I tried Jillian Michaels workouts before, but could never fully get into them. While some people love her style, it just wasn't for me. With Shaun T, i really like how he created the insanity set as a team thing. i think it helps to get into the spirit of things!

Good luck!!!