still SO sore

Options
I didnt go to the gym yesterday because I was sore...but today...I'm even MORE sore! OH my thighs! So what can I do at the gym today for cardio?

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    treadmill or elliptical
  • brujeria48
    brujeria48 Posts: 25
    Options
    Low intensity cardio will really get the blood flowing, and though you may feel very sore and tight at the beginning, you'll loosen up and feel better once it's all said and done.

After doing legs, my cardio the following day usually consists of moderately challenging elliptical work and brisk walking on an incline. Don't forget to warm up slowly and stretch before diving in. :)
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    believe me the more you move the less sore you will be. i say hop on a bike or treadmill for a little while, light jog & low intensity. warm up your muscles a bit, hop off, give yourself a good strech and be on your way with you regular gym routine. you'll feel better tomorrow i swear :D
  • Liz75
    Liz75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I did circuits on Saturday for first time in months, it has taken me until today (Thursday) to stop aching!!! Oh my! Managed only an hour power walk and a 20 min cycle since then! But will go back again for more this Saturday, hopefully the recovery period will be shorter!
    Sometimes aches can arrive up to 48 hours after -D.O.M.S -delayed onset muscle soreness!!:ohwell:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    anything is better than nothing, because you'll make it worse on yourself.....and I agree with dani
  • PapaPolarBear
    Options
    when I'm really sore a day or two after a work out i start on an elliptical to warm up the muscles and make sure to strech. other than that I don't have a lot for you.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I've been told before that the best thing to do is to actually work out. So I'm going to do the arc trainer which is my usual but I'll just go a little slower than I usually would. Thanks everyone!