Hi from Saskia

Options
bodhgaya
bodhgaya Posts: 5 Member
After struggling with nicotine addiction for over 20 years, I finally have kicked the habit!!!! Can't be happier to be free from this terrible addiction, but: I did gain almost 15 pounds that I would really like to lose now. Saw this community with all of your inspiring stories and it looked really good! The positive thing is: I know I CAN make necessary changes, I have done it with smoking, but would love to learn from all of your experiences.

Replies

• carolynh7
    carolynh7 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi I've given up smoking too, I am on 25 days now and definitely not going back. I was lucky to find MFP as I was already over weight and was concerned with putting on more. I have been working hard at logging everything and have really upped my exercise and imagine my surprise that in the last 2 weeks I have managed not to gain any weight but have lost 3 lbs.

So a real pat on the back from me for giving up the ciggies and if you can do that you can definitely change your eating and exercise habits to healthier ones too. You are welcome to friend me if you are looking for support and motivation - I'm in this for the long term.