Long time dieters first post

Options
Hello everybody I've been using Myfitnesspal for a while now but only just found the forum, if I've set it up properly you can see that I've lost a fair bit of weight (64lbs) so I'm not a noob :-)

I tend to use a 6 day diet similar to a bodybuilders cut then a cheat day on day 7 and I find it easy to stick to knowing that I can have treats at the end of the week does anybody else use this diet?

I'm thinking of starting the insanity workout DVDs and wondered if anybody else has used them and what weight you were when you tried it? I have trouble with my knees since a partial tear of the medial ligament caused by jogging at 300 lbs! My knees are ok now but I'm always a bit nervous of any high impact exercise.

Replies

• _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    Anyone there?
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hello Danno,

Wow 64 lbs that is about 30kg awesome.

I don't know anything about DVDs so will leave that to the shredders, just wanted to say g'day. I am a 58kg 46yo woman and I struggle with calf injuries and Achilles tendonitis when I run around the block, so weight is not always an issue. Having leg muscles that resemble spaghetti, on the other hand (sigh)
  • RyanOnInsanity
    RyanOnInsanity Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Danno,

That is some serious weight loss, congrats! I am on my way at about 34 pounds currently (though I only have MFP set to show from the 8 april which is just a few pounds).

I have done a diet like that - I hopped on the tim ferriss slow carb bandwagon a while back and overall it went very well, averaging just under 5 lbs lost per week. Currently i am following more of a traditional cyclical keto diet meaning low carb high fat high protein for most of the week and then weekends are for refeeding (basically a cheat day). for my personality this is the perfect way to go, and it sounds like it is working well for you also, so keep at it.

I am also currently doing Insanity... I started on 8 april. The program is awesome, but if you have any remaining trouble with your knees I would suggest you consider something else. Insanity involves a lot of jumping (among other things) that will prove to be rough on your knees and I don't think the potential damage is worth it. just my $0.02.