zumba and weight loss

Options
Hi, I have just started doing zumba two days a week. I would like to know if anyone has lost weight doing zumba, and did you follow a eating plan as well? Thanks

Replies

• laurenh729
    laurenh729 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i had HUGE success loosing weight doing zumba! its so much fun, and low impact! i was 212 lbs and with fibromyalgia, budlging discs and a shoulder injury from work it was the perfect amount of exercising without feeling like i was going to hurt myself! i then introduced more cardio and weights when i was more comfortable. i def watched what i ate as well, but the first 30lbs literally fell off! good luck and have fun! try different instructors as well, they all bring something different!
  • Lucas_Chanelle
    Lucas_Chanelle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes! I do Zumba twice a week (along with doing cardio at the gym and strength training the other days) and lost 25 lbs in 2.5 months! I definitely count calories too! I eat at least 1500 on workout days and
    1350ish on non workout days. It's so much fun and well worth it. It actually started becoming too easy for me so I incorporated dumbbells into the routine and it's kickin my butt all over again! Good luck!
  • Kat5029
    Kat5029 Posts: 5
    Options
    I agree! Zumba is a great workout. Be careful with your jumping starting out- can wreak havoc on knees and feet. I would also recommend shoe sliders - you can use an elastic ribbon over the sneaker- especially on carpeted flooring. Track what you eat and bring lots of water to class! and a towel. Oh and have fun.