Clean calories when needing high intake?

Options
Looking for some ideas can anyone help me out?
Lost 32lb so far and have lost every week since Jan, until now, I have been staying in my calories but eating pretty c****y
STAY WITH ME..... I am taking part in a chatty event walking 62 miles (hopefully in 24hours) and the training is getting quite intense,
Usually I eat natural carbs only (veg, fruit etc) but lately I've needed to add to gt the calorie intake, sometimes it can be up to 3500 per day, and from that I've slipped in to eating rubbish, anyone help me out with some healthy high cal snaks and meal ideas please,
I'm just lacking in inspiration and could do with some outside input, thanks for reading xxx

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    What is your definition of rubbish?
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You could eat the same stuff and add a couple tablespoons of flax seed or protein powder. Nut butters are pretty high calorie too, and Justin's nut butters are organic. I find that if I'm seriously lacking in caloric intake for the day, a packet of Justin's chocolate hazelnut and a banana usually put me about 285 calories higher. :) 1 tablespoon of organic honey on a normal food item adds about 60 calories.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Add protein shakes on top of your normal diet.

Nuts are high in calories so either as they are or as nut butters. You can also dry fry them will spices.
  • amiaow
    amiaow Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Drink some calories (drinks, shakes) and increase fat calories (nuts, nut butters, cook in oil, cheeeese!). It's hard to eat 3500 cals of high volume food- I had 3000 cals on a refeed yesterday (400g carbs) and that was one painful food baby!
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Nuts, nuts butters, coconut milk, olive oil, a protein powder, eggs, fruit can have high calories, bigger portions of meat, raisins, dark chocolate, drink whole milk by the carton
  • laurelboynton
    laurelboynton Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I was wondering this about Wholemeal Pasta...
    Is this a no-go area? I have salad for lunch most days and hardly eat Pasta as it seen as 'bad'..

But i was thinking of doing veggie pasta tonight with lots of chillis and tomato-based sauce?

Advice...

L x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    potaotes, sweet potatoes, avocado, nuts, seeds, eggs... all clean, all higher cals.
  • Funnyfishat40
    Funnyfishat40 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies,
    Definition of crap eating choc and takeaway instead of nuts and protein shakes
    Will try flax seeds (think I just went off the rails as I was hungry and didnt know where to go
    More nuts to be purchased me thinks
    Wholemeal Pasta I would love to try but me memories of it in hte 70's are not too good
    however in the spirit of taking the advice (being as I asked for it !) I will go out and buy a bag to help get back on track,
    Many Thanks to all, it always amazes me how helpful complete strangers can be if you share a common goal xxx
    Just needed a bit of a shove I think
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies,
    Definition of crap eating choc and takeaway instead of nuts and protein shakes
    Will try flax seeds (think I just went off the rails as I was hungry and didnt know where to go
    More nuts to be purchased me thinks
    Wholemeal Pasta I would love to try but me memories of it in hte 70's are not too good
    however in the spirit of taking the advice (being as I asked for it !) I will go out and buy a bag to help get back on track,
    Many Thanks to all, it always amazes me how helpful complete strangers can be if you share a common goal xxx
    Just needed a bit of a shove I think

to be honest, in my mind, theres nothing wrong with chocolate now and then, and theres nothing wrong with a takeaway every so often, especially when you are burning a lot from exercise.