What body shape would I be considered?

Options
Just1998
Just1998 Posts: 33
I'm 5'1 " 98.6 lbs 38 inch shoulders 36 in bust 24 in waist 32.5. My forearm is 9.5. My legs are 18 inches and my calves are 13.5 I guess. Idk how I'm supposed to measure my bust. My rib cage is 28 inches my fullest is 35-36. I'm a 32C. I gain weight in my butt thighs slightly in my hips and and just a tab in my stomach and bust sorta. This is compared to when I was 84 lbs. I was 35-24-30.5. My bust stays the same when I'm underweight but I lose my weight in my lowest parts and gain it back down there. I am a 0. No matter what.

My mom has the same size rib cage 28. And 31 inch bust and 23 in waist and 33 in hips. 18 in thighs and 13 in calves. She's 39 93 lbs sometimes smaller and 4'11". She gains in her thighs. She's an A . My grandma on my day's was pear shaped deeply. My grandma on my mom's side started out 36DD-23-34. I think that means her fullest bust was 41? Isn't a 36DD 41 fullest? She was 5'6" and 115 lbs. she gained weight like a massively busty lollipop/apple. Anyway Of all my female relatives I have no shape I've solely gotten from besides my mom sorta but I don't even know she is. What shape gains solely thighs? What shape is busty and topheavy yet gains most weight in the lower half when they're underweight to healthy weight?

Replies

• Just1998
    Options
    Anyone know?
  • Just1998
    Options
    I guess there's no name for it lol.
  • Project_Jodie
    Project_Jodie Posts: 171
    Options
    Maybe a pic would be more beneficial? hard to picture with just numbers
    I'm also sure if you googled body shapes online it would give you a pretty good idea
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    If you like what you see in the mirror, does it really matter what shape your body is considered by others to be?

I think you're over-analysing yourself. You're human shaped, and totally normal.

It only really matters when it comes to what kinds of clothes suit you, and you can find out what clothes suit you without labelling your body type. That's my take on it.
  • Just1998
    Options
    Maybe a pic would be more beneficial? hard to picture with just numbers
    I'm also sure if you googled body shapes online it would give you a pretty good idea

My pics are on my profile actually. The red ones are present day my other pics are of my old pics.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    If you like what you see in the mirror, does it really matter what shape your body is considered by others to be?

I think you're over-analysing yourself. You're human shaped, and totally normal.

It only really matters when it comes to what kinds of clothes suit you, and you can find out what clothes suit you without labelling your body type. That's my take on it.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Just1998
    Options

It does because I'm wondering if I gained weight would I be top or bottom heavy? If I were bottom heAvy I'd rather gain the weight.
  • teehee1211
    teehee1211 Posts: 39
    Options
    what they ^ said. Firstly only you know where you gain weight. No one can tell you that.

Second, those pics are really hard to see..Upside down and really small.
    If you really do want to find out, post clearer pics maybe straight on and you might get an answer you are looking for.
  • neandermagnon
    Options

It does because I'm wondering if I gained weight would I be top or bottom heavy? If I were bottom heAvy I'd rather gain the weight.

even if you categorised yourself into the (totally unscientific) body types used by fashion retailers to figure out what clothes would suit you, it would not be a reliable predictor of how you would gain weight.

For example if I put my measurements into a body type calculator, it tells me I'm an hourglass, because it assumes I have big boobs, based on the fact my chest measurement is big. However, I have small boobs and a big rib cage, and the fashion tips for the "inverted triangle" work better for me than the "hourglass" tips. This information will not tell anyone anything about how I'll gain weight. When I was obese, I was a "banana/ruler" shape (albeit a rather fat banana or ruler, but that's what my measurements said). All it can tell you is what kind of clothes look good on you.... and it's not even good at that because it gets my shape wrong. Am I really an hourglass or an inverted triangle? the answer is "who cares?" I wear clothes that suit me, and use the mirror to judge that, not a body type calculator.

If you've never been heavier than you are now, then you'll probably just have to see what happens as you gain weight. If you have been heavier in the past, usually you'll be the same as when you were heavier before, though hormones can make a difference, some women store fat differently after having a baby than they did before, for example, so it's not a foregone conclusion that you'll always gain weight the same way... but in most cases, you will.

IMO if you want to make your thighs bigger, then do lots and lots of squats, lunges, deadlifts and the like... but to be truthful it'll be hard to make your muscles much bigger as a woman... if you do this and eat at a surplus, you may end up with larger, more shapely thighs. If you just gain weight without the exercise, you're basically at the mercy of gaining fat wherever your body wants to gain it... but if you target your muscles with heavy lifting, you have *a little* control over where you gain, because you can gain a little muscle mass eating at a surplus, although the main thing lifting does is improve your overall shape and make you more "toned" looking. Even with weight training and eating at a surplus, you'll still gain fat, and you can't control where you gain it. On the other hand, if you don't like how your body is when you gain weight, you can always lose it again (keep up the lifting, just eat 10% less than you burn off in the process)
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Lady shaped? :laugh: no idea...
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options

My thoughts exactly.

^I second that.
  • Cr01502
    Options
    My pics are on my profile actually. The red ones are present day my other pics are of my old pics.

In that case I would classify your body shapes as fuzzy and upside down.
  • mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would call it the lucky dog shape, if you are busty and don't gain in the hips.
  • Cr01502
    Options
    Since you can't see here are the original pics
    At my heaviest
    image_zps4b6612a3.jpg
    This is how I am currently
    image_zpsf290fbe0.jpg
    At my lightest
    image_zps1ada3b43.jpg
    CIMG3760-1.jpg]
  • Just1998
    Options

even if you categorised yourself into the (totally unscientific) body types used by fashion retailers to figure out what clothes would suit you, it would not be a reliable predictor of how you would gain weight.

For example if I put my measurements into a body type calculator, it tells me I'm an hourglass, because it assumes I have big boobs, based on the fact my chest measurement is big. However, I have small boobs and a big rib cage, and the fashion tips for the "inverted triangle" work better for me than the "hourglass" tips. This information will not tell anyone anything about how I'll gain weight. When I was obese, I was a "banana/ruler" shape (albeit a rather fat banana or ruler, but that's what my measurements said). All it can tell you is what kind of clothes look good on you.... and it's not even good at that because it gets my shape wrong. Am I really an hourglass or an inverted triangle? the answer is "who cares?" I wear clothes that suit me, and use the mirror to judge that, not a body type calculator.

If you've never been heavier than you are now, then you'll probably just have to see what happens as you gain weight. If you have been heavier in the past, usually you'll be the same as when you were heavier before, though hormones can make a difference, some women store fat differently after having a baby than they did before, for example, so it's not a foregone conclusion that you'll always gain weight the same way... but in most cases, you will.

IMO if you want to make your thighs bigger, then do lots and lots of squats, lunges, deadlifts and the like... but to be truthful it'll be hard to make your muscles much bigger as a woman... if you do this and eat at a surplus, you may end up with larger, more shapely thighs. If you just gain weight without the exercise, you're basically at the mercy of gaining fat wherever your body wants to gain it... but if you target your muscles with heavy lifting, you have *a little* control over where you gain, because you can gain a little muscle mass eating at a surplus, although the main thing lifting does is improve your overall shape and make you more "toned" looking. Even with weight training and eating at a surplus, you'll still gain fat, and you can't control where you gain it. On the other hand, if you don't like how your body is when you gain weight, you can always lose it again (keep up the lifting, just eat 10% less than you burn off in the process)

The way apples gain weight it seems not desireable. I don't think I'm an apple more an inverted triangle but I gained weight on my butt which makes me think maybe weight gain would be beneficial. I have been doing exercises to keep my lower half to balance out my upper half butt not much progress how long does it take? My mom's family builds up fast when it comes to muscle for some reason...
  • neandermagnon
    Options

The way apples gain weight it seems not desireable. I don't think I'm an apple more an inverted triangle but I gained weight on my butt which makes me think maybe weight gain would be beneficial. I have been doing exercises to keep my lower half to balance out my upper half butt not much progress how long does it take? My mom's family builds up fast when it comes to muscle for some reason...

do squats, deadlifts, stiff leg deadlifts, split squats, lunges, step-ups, stair climbing, stuff like that, with as much weight as you can. Also eat plenty of protein and eat slightly more than your TDEE

if you also gain fat on your butt, then that's going to balance you out even more. If you don't gain it on your butt, you can also do a cut (eating TDEE - 10%) to get rid of the fat you gained while keeping the muscle.

That advice is the same whatever your body type, in terms of how you store fat. You can't predict where you'll store fat from your measurements, but if you have gained a little weight in your butt then maybe you'll gain a little more there before you gain it in other places.... try it and see, you can always cut to get rid of any fat you gain, if it goes on somewhere you don't want it. Just remember it works like the last place you gain fat is usually the first place you lose it from.
  • Just1998
    Options
    Since you can't see here are the original pics
    At my heaviest
    image_zps4b6612a3.jpg
    This is how I am currently
    image_zpsf290fbe0.jpg
    At my lightest
    image_zps1ada3b43.jpg
    CIMG3760-1.jpg]

CIMG3760-1.jpg
    image_zps80b15d1a.jpg
  • kimbtaylor1
    kimbtaylor1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Without a hip measurement that is hard to say. But if you are looking to decide how your body will gain weight try this. Take your right hand and wrap your left wrist with your middle finger and thumb. If they just touch you are mesomorph, if they overlap you are ectomorph, and if they do not touch you are endomorph. The basic run down is that mesomorph people are more musular or medium build, ectomorph people are natually skinny, and endomorphs are big boned. Mesomorphs tend to gain weight all over whereas endomorphs tend to gain in the middle to round out. Ectomorphs, have to work hard to gain weight. Here is a good sight with a more detailed test..once you know what you are you can google that one to find out more about how your body type works.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

I know I am mesomorph and if I gain it will be from top to bottom. I also know that as a woman I have to becareful with heavy weights because I will buff up more than other women.
  • Just1998
    Options
    Without a hip measurement that is hard to say. But if you are looking to decide how your body will gain weight try this. Take your right hand and wrap your left wrist with your middle finger and thumb. If they just touch you are mesomorph, if they overlap you are ectomorph, and if they do not touch you are endomorph. The basic run down is that mesomorph people are more musular or medium build, ectomorph people are natually skinny, and endomorphs are big boned. Mesomorphs tend to gain weight all over whereas endomorphs tend to gain in the middle to round out. Ectomorphs, have to work hard to gain weight. Here is a good sight with a more detailed test..once you know what you are you can google that one to find out more about how your body type works.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

I know I am mesomorph and if I gain it will be from top to bottom. I also know that as a woman I have to becareful with heavy weights because I will buff up more than other women.

I know I'm ectomorph its whyI struggle not to be underweight. Also they overlap very much.

Btw my hip measurement was 32.5 right now at my heaviest 33.5. My underweight size was 30.5 at best/heaviest.