Kettleball Class?

Options
Sid1988
Sid1988 Posts: 170 Member
i'm considering joining a kettleball classes - has anyone done this before and if so, is it beneficial for weight loss and muscle building?

Replies

• penelopia
    penelopia Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    bump

I would never do it, but that's just because I would drop the damn thing on myself.
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yep & Yep!!

:heart: it
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I've never taken a class, but yes kettlebells are awesome for both of those things.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I take two classes a week at my gym. I love it. The instructor leads us through a variety of exercises and I use different weights depending on the exercise. It goes by quickly as she is always switching it up. My instructor is great in giving instructions on how to properly do the exercise. Now that I've taken the class several times, I'm trying to make sure I am using the right amount of weight to challenge myself. My husband takes the class with me and loves it!
  • Katrinadionne1808
    Options
    I use FitnessBlender.com for my kettlebell workouts so I can do at home.

Definitely great for fatburning! I love them!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    My face is always -_- at those classes because I'm afraid the swinging kettle bell style is going to snap someone's **** up. I prefer a regular squat and dead lift motion over invisible air banging.
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    If you're working with someone who knows what they're doing, you'll learn a lot, get great exercise & have fun doing it. You'll quickly figure out that going too light on the weight is a bad idea - it can allow the practitioner to think they have the form down on moves, only to be unpleasantly surprised that they don't when more weight is used.

PS: they might cringe if you say "kettleBALL" rather than "kettlebell". It seems to be a common point of contention.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells are my favorite workout equipment, bar none! I have been working with then for a couple years now and they are still my first choice for a workout. I work out at home now but I highly recommend a class if you are just learning. Proper technique is EVERYTHING, not only for positive results, but also so that you don't injure yourself due to improper form.

I've tried numerous strength training approaches and kettlebells have given me the fastest and best overall results. My strength skyrocketed! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do if you decide to give them a try.

Best wishes! :flowerforyou: