newbie gains... age

mrdexter1
mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
Some say they are minmal, some think age is a problem,but to encourage all...

Hell, i m 52 soon and spent hours infront of the computer for two years before i started at the gym 6 months ago, didnt even change what i was eating until i joined here to start to strip some weight off and i certainly didnt have the shape i have now nor has my weight changed dramatically. It would be true to say i ve put 100% effort in at the gym but nothing into diet until recently.

As to what i ve gained thus far, a chest pain that that was uncomfy has completely gone and the stairs have become "flat", i now enjoy ice skating, football paintballing and roller booting rather than see it as an effort with my young son....I m obviously much stronger, my lung capacity appears to be greater and breathlessness when active is gone so i m not using my asma inhaler and i feel fit like i did in youth. Another benefit is the appearance of my skin which looks years younger .

Here s a picture of my 51 year old 6 month newbie gains for anyone who thinks its too late in life or its not possible to make rapid gains in any direction you want and i ,d suggest you ignore anyone who tells you you cant including yourself !

http://screencast.com/t/MLH6Z48Yv6C

( thats not flab underneath, its my tricep that is 3 times the size of my bicep by natural proportion )

All down to diet now and cant wait to get more fat off.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!