I hate being fat.

Options
Help me guys! Any motivation? :( I want to cut down 10kg off my body in a month, is it even possible? I want to be fit! My legs are big

Replies

• nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    girl, you look fine already, infact, i'd totally hit on you.

10kg in a month is not going to come off in a healthy way.

probably 3-4kg in the first month max. count your calories, exercise and make it a lifestyle change.

good luck.
  • gregpasq
    gregpasq Posts: 14
    Options
    You probably could lose that in water weight alone in about two months....
  • mkkhoza
    mkkhoza Posts: 79
    Options
    Hey Jenn,
    all i can say is that we all come to this with goals. Goals are good to have...10kg of loss is probably losing at a dangerous pace for your body. A better and safer goal is more like 2-3 kg. What are you doing as far as your food choices and excercise? You'll find all kinds of recommendations on mfp but in general, you want to aim to eat as clean as possible (fruits, veggies, good proteins)...and get in regular excercise. it is ideal if that excercise includes resistance/strength training.

Add me if i can be of help...

cheers!
    MK
  • missgorg
    missgorg Posts: 28
    Options
    girl, you look fine already, infact, i'd totally hit on you.

10kg in a month is not going to come off in a healthy way.

probably 3-4kg in the first month max. count your calories, exercise and make it a lifestyle change.

good luck.

Thank you! :) I'm actually starting. My upper body is not a problem, just the lower and it sucks. :(
  • missgorg
    Options
    Hey Jenn,
    all i can say is that we all come to this with goals. Goals are good to have...10kg of loss is probably losing at a dangerous pace for your body. A better and safer goal is more like 2-3 kg. What are you doing as far as your food choices and excercise? You'll find all kinds of recommendations on mfp but in general, you want to aim to eat as clean as possible (fruits, veggies, good proteins)...and get in regular excercise. it is ideal if that excercise includes resistance/strength training.

Add me if i can be of help...

cheers!
    MK

Thanks dear, i'm in no rush, though. But sure, i've been diligently following MFP, so far good. I just had a little problems on high carbs intake.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    To post pictures, put [ img] [ /img] around the links (without the spaces I put in after the first bracket).

181458_4740669645113_1842146426_n.jpg

And from the looks of things, you don't have 10kg to lose. Try something like 30 Day Shred or weight lifting to sculpt yourself more.
  • missgorg
    Options
    To post pictures, put [ img] [ /img] around the links (without the spaces I put in after the first bracket).

181458_4740669645113_1842146426_n.jpg

And from the looks of things, you don't have 10kg to lose. Try something like 30 Day Shred or weight lifting to sculpt yourself more.

Really? The thing is, my major problem is just my thighs, I'm working on some lunges, what's this 30 day shred anyway? Sorry i'm new here. thanks so much!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is a popular DVD workout, also available on YouTube. If you do a search for it here, you'll find multiple threads where people post inspiring before and after pictures--many lose a lot of inches doing it. And there's a group for people starting it in May, if you end up wanting to do it.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    If you loose 10kg's you will look ill. Totally agree with either weight lifting, 30 shred or something along those lines. You will loose inches and tone up with 30 day shred but its hard, deceptively so. If you search 30DS results on here you will see some great examples of how well it can work.
  • stuarth79
    stuarth79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Use the food diary on here make sure you are honest with it do it for 2/3 weeks eating as you are now and weigh yourself each week (same day same time if poss) if you stay the same weight for that time the amount you are eating is your maintenance level (which means you will stay the same weight eating that amount of calories) after the 2 /3 weeks try to cut out between 250-500 calories per day and you should start to lose a healthy 1-2lbs per week.

it may sound like your cutting out a lot of calories but 250 calories could be a bar of chocolate!

If you can add exercise as well that will speed things up.

Good luck!

Six packs are made in the kitchen!!
  • KatieHall77
    KatieHall77 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Agree with the others, you may just want to tone and sculpt. You are not fat. Start a lower body sculpting workout, and you'll see the results you want. Do you have access to a gym or any sort of equipment? Some schools will let students use the gym equipment in their free time. A leg press would be ideal, but you could just modify some exercises.