5'9 looking for friends and motivation.

Options
Hi everyone,

SW:196
CW:152
GW130

I'm 5'9 and started my weight loss journey in January but have only recently joined mfp. I'm looking for friends and motivation to loose the final 20 pounds. I'm proud of how far I've come but i've noticed in the last couple of weeks that the weight loss is slowing down (which i expected as i got closer to goal but it still sucks, lol). I've been lurking on these boards since January and I find you all really inspiring and motivating.

I'm really pleased with my progress but at times I get a little frustrated with my body. Being tall weight loss isn't as noticeable as it is on some you shorter ladies and my thighs are seriously stubborn when it comes to giving up the fat but I try and stay positive about what I've achieved.

Good luck to all of you and a big thank you for all your inspiring and informative posts, they've really helped me over the last 4 months!

Replies

• mkkhoza
    mkkhoza Posts: 79
    Options
    Hey Daisy,
    i totally hear you on the "stuckness"...i too have had some weight loss but as i come down to the last 30, they are quite stubborn. You mentioned your thighs...well for me it's my stomach...uggh...it seems like it is the last to get the message that it's time to lose fat...lol. I have just about 6 weeks ago started lifting heavy with Stronglifts...that has been good. I am starting to see some movement.
    Anyways, I log in everyday and love to support and be supported, so add me if you would like...I'll be there for you!

Cheers!
  • hmkeith
    hmkeith Posts: 9
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I'm 5'9" and have some stubborn thighs. I want to lose 20 lbs also. I'll be here if you would like to friend me. :) I'm currently 190 and goal weight is 170
  • firstkissxo
    Options
    I'm shorter (5'6) but I've also put on 15 lbs this year... I go to the gym but feel stuck and disappointed since though some of it might be muscle (which i doubt since I tend to lean to cardio), my legs will always be the end of me... Im 'light' on the top and bottom heavy and it irks me. I'd also like to keep in touch and push each other each day to stay on track!
  • kapot
    kapot Posts: 53
    Options
    5ft9 too, and most my weight is stuck in my thighs. I'm shooting for 135lb and currently at 168lb. You can add me.
  • ChocFiend
    ChocFiend Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I'm 5'9" and have some stubborn thighs. I want to lose 20 lbs also. I'll be here if you would like to friend me. :) I'm currently 190 and goal weight is 170

im 5ft 9too currently 181.6 (although i was 172 in january this year!!!!!) i'll add you x
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello! Awesome weight loss so far!! You should be very proud.

I am 5'9"... I am currently 214.4lb. My short term weight loss goal is to get to 185lb, and my long term weight loss goal is to be at 165lb. I am a comfortable size 10 at 165lb. My problem area is DEF. my stomach.

I bought a nice bicycle this year and have been riding to work (when northeast OH weather allows me to). Round trip it is only about 4.5 miles. I also am doing a running plan. I would like to run the Run or Dye 5K in August. Add me, too!!
  • MABfit9517
    MABfit9517 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also i:laugh: n the tall category, but at 70 I simply seem to get shorter and fatter. Today,I am, so say the doctors, 5'8". I use to be 5'10. I need to lose 100 pounds. Does it help to attend group sessions, or do you simply listen to other peoples problems?.:sad: :sad:
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    Hi, Daisy - I'm also 5'9 and looking to lose. I'm currently 203 (down 21 lbs since Jan!) but am looking to be about 175. I log my food everyday - the good, the bad, and the ugly, lol. Feel free to add me as well :flowerforyou:
  • ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    5"9 as well :) Currently 176lb (80kg) and started at about 200. I think I have another 20 or so to go, but I've never been slim so I'm not sure!

I have stubborn thighs, thought theyve gone down 2cm over time, but I think my tummy is where it's going from most. Unfortunately I have a mahoosive rib cage, and cant lose any more from there so my size isnt likely to go down. Up side, I look taller :D

Forgot to add - I started Insanity on Monday, it's lotsa fun. With it and less cake in my diet (!!), I'm hoping a few rounds of it will help get me toward a slimmer me.
  • Mbrowne55
    Mbrowne55 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar situation. Started at 185 in Feb., now down to 167 but still have a long way to go. Goal weight is 145 (I am 5'8").

My thighs are also the worst area....aagghhh....I am shrinking up top and around my waist but my legs seem to be as big as ever.

I'll add you and the other posters on this thread. Maybe we can push each other before summer arrives!
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm 5'9 and looking to shed the final 20 too! The first 25-30 were relatively easy to lose but these last ones are proving to be a problem.
    Congrats on all you've accomplished so far!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" too and looking to drop another 25 lbs from my pregnancy weight gain. Lost 35 so far since my daughter was born in February. I'll add you!
  • daisy1_2013
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses you've made me feel super motivated which is really amazing as I have a stinking cold and was tempted to reach for the ice cream and my duvet, lol.
  • Michelle12583
    Michelle12583 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and I'm looking to lose 20 more lbs as well. I started at 212 and currently weigh 184. I started in mid December of 2012. I too like some of you have stated have this stubborn fat on my thighs I just can't seem to get rid of. I have only lost one pants size due to this stubborn fat. Its annoying. Most of my weight has see to come off my chest and stomach. Anyone that wants to add me can. =)
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and have about 18-20 lb to go. I'm a large frame so I'm aiming for 175lb. My weight is round my middle - the Apple type so my legs and arms are ok. Please add me if you want
  • KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 5'9 1/2" ish here. Started at 240 lbs back in 2002, dropped 80 pounds then. Started 2012 at 165. Decided to go back to my goal of being a figure athlete (fitness competitor). Currently 135 (3 days out from a show). Maintain at about 145.
  • marissa81579
    Options
    Wow it's so great to find this thread. I'm starting off about 50 pounds heavier than my "usual" adult weight. It just snuck up on me. It's great to see how much progress so many of you have made. Feel free to add me too, in the 5'9 club!
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation regarding thighs...
    My body shape is "hourglass" in the sense that I have a small waist and shoulders proportionate with my hips. But my weight usually goes to my thighs, so in that sense I am more pear. I have inherited it from my mother and it seems it cannot be changed. I have to get practically anorexic before my thighs are slim.... I even did microlipo on my thighs at £4000 a year back and the surgeon told me that if I gained weight again, the fat would go other places. But I gained a few lbs over Christmas, and my thighs went chubby again automatically. I am now 134 lbs, so not fat, but my upper body is slim but my thighs are so big. It seems some of us are destined to never get slim thighs.
  • PGG19
    PGG19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 6'0" and 170, and trying to lose around 15-20 lbs! I have just joined, and I can say this community is amazing! good luck!
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight lose !!
    I'm 5'8
    SW 200
    CW 158
    GW140 (I think, not for sure about goal weight yet... depends on belly fat... I'll lose until it's gone. LOL

I log every day and would love to have more people for support and to support !
    I am having trouble with my stomach area... drives me insane !
    I've lost a lot of boobage !! From DD to C But that's ok. Thank you Victoria Secret for push up Bra's LOL
    I started my weight lose lifestyle before joining MFP but when I found MFP it made it so much easier.
    So far, I've lost 44 lbs.total before mfp and during.
    Add me if you like :)