Breakfast

Options
Do you eat breakfast even if you're not hungry?

Although not a morning person and not typically a breakfast eater, I decided that I would start eating something for breakfast before I left for work at 8:00. Even though I wasn't hungry, I ate some instant oatmeal this morning (it was pretty good) but now am feeling not so great.

I do have some flexibility at work, so I could eat later, around 10:00 but is that too late?

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    No, you'd be fine eating at 10:00. Timing doesn't matter.

I don't eat until around Noon or 2:00 everyday.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    you're fine with waiting to eat.

I've seen lots of people get great results who don't even eat breakfast.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Don't torture yourself. The idea that you have to eat breakfast to be healthy (or thin, for that matter) is a myth.
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have to eat breakfast otherwise I feel not so great. If you want to eat breakfast, I would start small - just have like a banana or an apple or something for the first week. You'll start to feel better and better as your body gets used to it. When I first started eating breakfast, it made me feel kind of sick to my stomach at first, but now it's actually usually my biggest meal.
  • dloggans
    dloggans Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Everywhere you look you hear "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" so I am going to try to eat before I leave for work and I really like the idea of starting small and working up to a bulkier meal. But, if I don't feel like eating then I'll wait and have oatmeal at 10:00 (and darn it, I won't feel guilty about it!) :smile: