Wok

Options
ken_hogan
ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
I was looking into getting a wok to make more meals at home vs. ordering out so much. Anyone have any suggestions on one or is a wok a wok and they are all pretty much the same? Thanks!!

Replies

• Mimoki
    Mimoki Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    In my opinion a wok is a wok, unless you can get non stick woks then thats best. Here I've got no choices lol.

Oh and unless you use a gas stove then thats best for a walk since the bottom dips in but in western countries most stoves are flat tops so the wok doesn't get so hot on the side and it traditionally would.
  • ken_hogan
    Options
    In my opinion a wok is a wok, unless you can get non stick woks then thats best. Here I've got no choices lol.

Thanks! I kinda figured that they are all similar but just wanted to throw that question out there... :)
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Take a look at electric wild with highest wattage (heat) you can fin. The stands distribute heat up the side so you get a better cook than on an electric stove.

If you cook on gas there are wok stands that lift the pan up a bit and allow flame to.heat wider pan area. Even better if you have a high capacity burner on.the stove.

Good luck.
  • ken_hogan
    Options
    Take a look at electric wild with highest wattage (heat) you can fin. The stands distribute heat up the side so you get a better cook than on an electric stove.

If you cook on gas there are wok stands that lift the pan up a bit and allow flame to.heat wider pan area. Even better if you have a high capacity burner on.the stove.

Good luck.

Thanks! I do have a high capacity burner on my gas stove. Thanks for the reminder about using that for the wok!!
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Also get the pan as hot as you can before starting to cook, I find it a fine line between hot enough and smoke alarm going off :drinker:
  • ken_hogan
    Options
    LOL...thanks!!