do you have to eat the calories you burn??

Options
I am averaging between 1180 and 1250 daily in calorie daily, adding the exercise ends up giving me more calories to consume...honestly, with what I am already consuming prior to that I am having a hard time! I can't eat anymore, I am full all day! I am currently 243lbs, have been eating lots of vegies, fruit, yogurts, some proteins ...everything is within range fats, sodium, sugars ect but I can not eat the burned calories, it's too much, will this hurt or help my weight lose?:indifferent: :ohwell:

Replies

• JillStone17
    JillStone17 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You're lucky to be full, I would say just listen to your body. I eat about 1200 calories a day and burn around 200 or so calories and eat every last one because I'm usually hungry! If you feel like you need them they are there, if you don't then I wouldn't eat them just because. That's just my opinion :)
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    There are a few factors to consider. First off, are you counting your intake correctly? You may be getting a few more calories in you then you think if you are honestly feeling full.
    Next is caloric burn. Eating back your calories is necessary if your net intake is to low but you have to know your actual caloric burn or a person may eat too many calories back.
    Another thing is assuming that you are only eating a correctly calculated 1200ish calories a day and you are really full. If this is the case then it may be a god idea to eat something different. Something that will get you some more calories. Peanut butter, Avocado, almonds........................cake, ice cream, candy. Whatever, but 1200 is likely very far below your Base metabolic rate
  • ismedee
    ismedee Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes, I am counting them and adding all correctly. Prior to this week of starting this, I use to leave the house by 6 am and be lucky to get home by and have dinner much before 8pm. My days consisted of usually only eating dinner, occasionally a candy bar during the day to hold me over. Now I bring yogurt, fresh cut fruit, carrot sticks/celery sticks, or cheese stick,pack a bowl of salad adding avocados and a bit of chicken or tuna to it, and then make dinner with about 3ozs meat and two vegies and a little rice. Maybe its just my body getting use to eating all day as opposed to once or maybe twice a day. My dr did say to shoot for 1200 a day as I really do need to get the weight off.
    My main concern is not being able to make up the calories I am given back from exercising, is it a must if I am not hungry to consume the extras for the net calorie count?