Cleansing Diet

Options
I'm trying to loose 15 lbs before prom (2 weeks) and i've heard of this diet where basically you eat only fruits and veggies, and drink protein shakes.
Anyone have any recipes?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that your plan is ridiculous and you should disregard it entirely.

And believe it or not, I really am saying this to help you.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that your plan is ridiculous and you should disregard it entirely.

I second this suggestion!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You could just amputate a leg instead, it would be just as healthy.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Buy a dress that fits and flatters (if that's it in your photo, it's lovely and wouldn't look so good after two weeks of starvation), eat healthily within MFP guidelines which could help you lose a pound or two if you really want to, and have enough energy to enjoy your memorable day instead :flowerforyou:
  • tiasophia12
    tiasophia12 Posts: 18
    Options
    Ok, so not 15 pounds. I just want to slim down a bit. I want to loose 5-10 pounds, but 15 would be the best.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I second this suggestion!

Third.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You won't lose much fat in that amount of time but if you want to look slimmer, getting rid of any water retention would help. I would suggest a high protein diet while cutting out sugars and cutting down on carbs and sodium. Also, up your water intake.
  • tiasophia12
    Options
    You won't lose much fat in that amount of time but if you want to look slimmer, getting rid of any water retention would help. I would suggest a high protein diet while cutting out sugars and cutting down on carbs and sodium. Also, up your water intake.

This is what I was talking about. I'm not going to starve myself. As a recovering anorexic, my parents keep a close eye on me. I'm just trying to look slimmer. That's all. I guess I didn't word it properly.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Ok, so not 15 pounds. I just want to slim down a bit. I want to loose 5-10 pounds, but 15 would be the best.

You know what would be the best?

The best would be for you to start learning the very basics about fitness and nutrition.
    The best would be for you to eat mostly whole foods, get adequate nourishment, and stay active in your lifestyle. Do some exercise.
    The best would be for you to disregard any idea of "I need to lose X lbs because prom.
    The best would be for you to set yourself up for good habits moving forward.
    The best would be for you to accept your body and if you want to change it, do it slowly and intelligently.

You really need to scrap the idea of a cleanse.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Your ticker suggests you weigh 115lbs, if you, by some miracle, lost 15lbs so quickly your parents would definitely start to worry again. I agree with Berry, find a flattering dress and work with what you have already :flowerforyou:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Just buy a corset or something if your that hell bent on it.

If you lose 15 pounds its just going to all come off your chest anyways.

Do what others say, start of a healthy plan and go into prom with some confidence.
  • tiasophia12
    Options
    Your ticker suggests you weigh 115lbs, if you, by some miracle, lost 15lbs so quickly your parents would definitely start to worry again. I agree with Berry, find a flattering dress and work with what you have already :flowerforyou:

I do not weigh 115. I'm 125. according to my BMI, I should be 110-115. That's what I'm aiming for.
  • skorpio1030
    skorpio1030 Posts: 17
    Options
    General guidelines suggest loosing roughly 1-2 pounds a week.. Loosing 15 pounds in two weeks is extremely unhealthy..

You already look tiny to begin with? What's the need of loosing 15 pounds?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I do not weigh 115. I'm 125. according to my BMI, I should be 110-115. That's what I'm aiming for.

Aim for it, if you must, but not in 2 weeks. That's unhealthy, unsustainable and silly.
  • vbarcok
    vbarcok Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for recipes to help you eat healthier, I suggest Pinterest they have a ton of ideas. They have a search box so just type in what you are looking for. You can probably loose five lbs. in two weeks. Loosing more will take a little longer but it's a start. Good luck to you!
  • WhoButME28
    WhoButME28 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Exactly!

You know what would be the best?

The best would be for you to start learning the very basics about fitness and nutrition.
    The best would be for you to eat mostly whole foods, get adequate nourishment, and stay active in your lifestyle. Do some exercise.
    The best would be for you to disregard any idea of "I need to lose X lbs because prom.
    The best would be for you to set yourself up for good habits moving forward.
    The best would be for you to accept your body and if you want to change it, do it slowly and intelligently.

You really need to scrap the idea of a cleanse.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    As a recovering anorexic, my parents keep a close eye on me. I'm just trying to look slimmer.
    In which case hopefully they'll stop you attempting this fad rapid weight loss scheme which really won't do your physical or your mental recovery any good. Eat healthily, avoid food that causes bloating, wear fabulous heels, adopt a great posture, and smile like you own the room.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Eat at a reasonable calorie deficit and you'll probably lose 2-3lbs of fat. You'll also probably lose a fair amount of water weight too if you keep an eye on your sodium. I lost 3lbs in the first 4 days, which I thought was quite a lot and I most definitely was not doing any sort of cleanse or low calorie diet! I was on 2500 a day (very small deficit) so I'm sure it was pretty much just water. My measurements went down quite a bit too, amazing what a change water retention can make!

I'd say especially since you're a recovering anorexic, do not attempt any sort of drastic change in diet. Just eat healthy, small deficit and I'm sure you'll look great! It's too late to be thinking about a 15lb loss.
  • dressagester
    dressagester Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Edited to remove my comment based on eating disorder. Get to your therapist. You should never lose 15 pounds in two weeks just for the sake of vanity.