olive oil mayo...any good?

Options
...and is it "good" enough compared to regular mayo to have as a "semi-sinful" condiment?

I love mayo - have had almost none, but saw that Olive Oil mayo (Kraft and a few others sell it now) is about half the cals. Who has tried it?

Replies

• NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I love it! It's the only mayo that we have now. We get the Kraft kind :)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Yes, its very good
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Can't taste a difference
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Very good and I'm not a mayo fan.:happy:
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    I like it, but I really love mayo. And, I have to say, I can taste the difference.

It's not bad like the fat free mayo, though. The difference is nominal. I'd liken it to the difference between splenda and sugar. You can taste it, but it's more of an aftertaste kind of thing, and not terrible. Definitely worth it for the calories. If you're eating it on a sandwich, you probably won't notice it, but if you're eating it in something where the mayo is the main ingredient (like a salad) you'll taste it. But like I said, it's still worth it, I think.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    The Kraft Brand is all I have in the house. I do not taste any difference in it or see a texture difference in sandwiches or in salad.
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it but, Well if ladyofivy recomends it i'm sold. Thanks i've been looking for something like that for quite some time.
  • oAngieMaeo
    oAngieMaeo Posts: 67
    Options
    really? No one tastes a difference? I do big time and I personally do not like it. I have had it in my fridge for awhile and decided to make ranch dip with it instead of the regular mayo and its sooo different. It has a totally different taste. I love Miracle whip anyways. hehe
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I LOVE it......My BF has even been using it & he doesn't eat healthy at all! lol
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    really? No one tastes a difference? I do big time and I personally do not like it. I have had it in my fridge for awhile and decided to make ranch dip with it instead of the regular mayo and its sooo different. It has a totally different taste. I love Miracle whip anyways. hehe

No one that matters.... :wink:
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    I've never tried it but, Well if ladyofivy recomends it i'm sold. Thanks i've been looking for something like that for quite some time.

aww haha thanks. I do like it, but like I said, mainly only for things that it's not the *main* ingredient. :smile:
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I can taste the difference...doesn't taste right to me...sorry
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options

I am with you on the taste. It tastes very different to me and I dont like it. The only reason I use it right now is because I mix it with tuna and I dont notice the taste as much (and I am cheap and I am using it till it runs out). My bf loves it though.