Very sore in a very weird place. Is this normal?

Options
My fiancé and I started weight training a couple days. So far I’m LOVING it!!
Anyway, long story short… we were working on biceps on Monday. Yesterday and today when I extend my arms, right where you bend your arm, is very sore. Not so much my biceps, even though they were sore yesterday, but right where the lower and upper arm meet. What did I do wrong or did I do anything wrong. And is it normal to be sore in that area?

Replies

• akindc
    akindc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's where I get sore when I work arms. As long as it's not painful you're fine.
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i am so glad this is where this thread went.. guess i am so used to other forum thread

yea i think you are fine
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Sounds like tendinitis to me. I used to get that when I would do a lot of reps with low weight. It's not a "good" kind of sore.

I'm happy that I don't have that problem anymore, now that I'm lifting heavy weights with low reps.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    That is still part of your biceps, that is where it attaches so it's just good ol soreness.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    If you are referring to your elbow or inner elbow then no not normal you are doing something wrong and could cause permanent damage. If you are soar any place that isnt muscle it isn't good it means you are stressing tendons.

If it is the lower part of your bicep than you should be fine but I would be careful.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    This is normal if you have never weight trained before... tendons / ligaments not used to the weight.... just be sure to ice it down, stretch it out and make sure you are not using weight that is too heavy.. You should use weight that you can handle with good form. I see WAY too many dudes in the gym (especially on curls) that it looks like they are bowing every rep because they are using body weight to get the weight lifted.