potassium advice

Options
2»

Replies

• Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Avocado, Spinach, Salmon, Yougurt (plain), White beans:smile::wink: :smile: Yummies
  • amariecruz89
    amariecruz89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Definitely need this list, I realized I haven't been getting enough either, I wonder if that's why I have felt so fatigued
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that potassium is not required to be listed on nutrition labels and many of the entries on MFP omit the potassium info so you may be getting more than you think.

Yes this. I have Potassium as one of the things I track, and it is amazing how many foods omit potassium.
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I like this site for foods high or low in potassium. Once I started regulating my sodium & potassium, there has not been an issue with plateaus.

http://www.krispin.com/potassm.html
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I am finding that I am not getting in enough potassium according to MFP. Any foods I should try? I know bannnas, dates, and nuts are good. What are some good low carb options? Thanks! :)

all the good stuff has potassium! fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, meat, fish, poultry.

eat whole foods and you'll be good to go. keep in mind the RDA for potassium is actually 4,700mg. I outdid myself and got over 5,000mg today! :)