Struggling to lose Body fat

Options
I'm struggling to lose body fat, I'm 5"10 skinny fat (belly) eating 500 deficit,160g protien daily,lifting heavy 3x a week cardio 2x week, good clean foods but my belly just won't go!!!! What am I doing wrong? How long can I expect it to take to lose body fat? I want to see abs and chest!
Side note, I always feel bloated?

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh? You look like you could use a bulk.
  • jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You are pprobably at the point where it gets real difficult to lose weight or body fat. From what I have read you will need to get under 10% body fat to see what you are wanting to see.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    keep at the lifting and small deficit. You will see what you want in time.

As for the bloated...are you gluten intolerant?
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    How long have you been cutting? It took me 6 weeks when I started my cut from 205 lbs to 185 lbs to see any change in my gut. My arms and legs were popping. My chest and gut were hiding. Then they finally started to show. My moobs were gone and I had pec definition starting to show up. And my gut starting to shrink and left behind some serious flabby skin that I hope will go away soon. Now I'm at 13 weeks and my gut has shrunk some more but I still have one. Not nearly as big.

But I dropped from 254 lbs and the last thing to go was my gut. It shrunk, but was always a prominent feature on my physique.

Looking at your post, you are doing everything right. Keep that up and you will get there. This is what is called the last mile. Some go there, some just stop and are happy.
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Also if you feel bloating you might be retaining water, what's your sodium intake like?
  • wattsy84
    wattsy84 Posts: 123
    Options
    Thanks for replies, I'm 164lbs and have been around that since feb, struggled to lose anymore weight after first 14lbs so decided my weight was fine it was body fat to lose, so started with lifting,I do feel I'm getting stronger and my muscles are firming up but it's not seeing much change over last few months that's putting me off. I will keep at it and push through if I'm doing the right things, but am I looking at weeks or months? I don't want to be magazine cover ripped just a nice definition!
  • wattsy84
    Options
    Right, I'm going on holiday at the end of June so that's my target, I need to lose more body fat by then! What can I do to try and boost things a little as I feel I'm getting nowhere now!
  • wattsy84
    Options
    How long have you been cutting? It took me 6 weeks when I started my cut from 205 lbs to 185 lbs to see any change in my gut. My arms and legs were popping. My chest and gut were hiding. Then they finally started to show. My moobs were gone and I had pec definition starting to show up. And my gut starting to shrink and left behind some serious flabby skin that I hope will go away soon. Now I'm at 13 weeks and my gut has shrunk some more but I still have one. Not nearly as big.

But I dropped from 254 lbs and the last thing to go was my gut. It shrunk, but was always a prominent feature on my physique.

Looking at your post, you are doing everything right. Keep that up and you will get there. This is what is called the last mile. Some go there, some just stop and are happy.

What sort of deficit were you eating in? Any tips to help me boost things a little?
  • eneriarevir1
    Options
    Maybe you might need to change your routine....do more cardio and less weights? I was always told running helps with belly lose.
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    are you a daily beer drinker? straight to the gut. if not, the bloat could be dairy or gluten intolerance. i don't have celiacs disease, but breads, pastas and snack foods processed with gluten bloat me up like a pregnant woman's belly. when i cut the marjorty of gluten-based foods (not entirely, maybe 85%) from my diet, it drastically enhances my ability to lose fat. although, you sound like you are at the bottom end of needing to lose fat, so your body will lose it v e r y s l o w l y.
  • wattsy84
    Options
    I try to only drink beer on my cheat day and then usually just a 4-6 cans. I thought I was lactose intolerant first but ruled that out, never thought about gluten but I had a history of IBS when I was younger and am still not regular (since dieting) I do eat and drink quickly though which doesn't help I'm sure!
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    much of bloating is actually inflammation of your digestive system (not just air or being full). not everyone needs to give up gluten, but many people are somewhat intolerant to it (the bloating, irregularity). in addition to breads and pasta, gluten is in a TON of packaged and processed foods. a great way to see how gluten/dairy affects you (and to cleanse out all waste and water retention) is to go 5 days without it. for 5 days, cut out all wheat/flour (bread, pasta, etc.), dairy, processed and packaged foods and drinks (all of them), salt, and any condiments/spices that aren't a single ingredient.

you can eat all lean meats or unprocessed meats (no salted or seasoned meats), fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds, legumes, oatmeal, and you can have potatoes and rice in moderation, 100% juices, lots of water, and all single ingredient condiments and spices (olive oil, vinegars, honey, maple syrup, pepper, etc.).

five days like this and your bloat will be gone. then reintroduce a little bit of dairy and see if the bloat comes back or has any other adverse affects. if it doesn't, it's probably a bit of a gluten intolerance (or you could have both). even if you are gluten intolerant, you can reintroduce some wheat/flour/gluten based products, just try to cut down on them as much as you can so your body isn't stuck in an inflamed state.

i do this cleanse a few times a year, and i feel fantastic afterwords, plus it takes off a few pounds.
  • wattsy84
    Options
    Brilliant,thanks for that ill give it a go.
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    OP, any updates for us - anything work? I have same issues so I would love to hear if you found any solutions.