Unexpected NSV

Options
ZombieEarhart
ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
This is less about me and more about my family. My teenage son is active and at a healthy weight, but my bad food choices still affected him, and I felt like I was setting him up for adult failures by eating take-out, soda, etc, all the time.

Well, after 4 months of healthy home-cooked dinners, my son cracked open a can of chef boyardee for a snack yesterday and immediately said "eugh, I really don't like these any more."

Even more so than the scale, that let me know that I'm doing the right thing.

Replies

• katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    great job! that's a wonderful, long-lasting NSV (until he starts calling you from college - well, not you, your husband - and convinces your husband to promise to get home-made dinners mailed to him)...

thank god my oldest is coming home this weekend - the postage charges are killing me ;)

:flowerforyou:
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!! What a GREAT NSV!!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty cool NSV :) Shows all of your healthy eating and changes are really paying off :) Great job being a good example for your son and keep it up :)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Wonderfully heart warming! Congrats, you Great Mom, you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!