Stress eating... :(

Options
I dont know what my deal is lately. Maybe its the fact that family life is crazy right now with one kid misbehaving and the other getting sick all of April. I swear if it wasnt for my trainer I wouldnt work out at all. My biggest problem is my eating. its been good this week but the last few weeks I have been stress eating. Because of those few weeks I am up 2 lbs now and I feel like I let myself down. Im not going to let that stop me though. Im going to push through, work out, track calories, and ignore cravings and that little voice in my head. I want a loss this week!!!!!!

Replies

• kajin1
    kajin1 Posts: 9
    Options
    Sometimes I have to tell myself..... Just keep doing the right thing and eventually you will get the right results. It's hard when you don't see the scale move in the direction you want, but just keep going forward.
  • CMGoodie
    CMGoodie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I was down 10 pounds 2 weeks ago then got bad news I was one of the casualties of this economic downturn. With that, I had to let my trainer go, cram in all my doctors appointments in before insurance ran out; meet with money guy to get finances lined up for roll-overs, line-up interviews plus prepare lessons for cub scouts. In this, I managed to eat on the run, unhealthy and left no time for they gym....yes I managed to put 5 lbs back on. Then at the last minute (literally) 3 days before I was to be unemployed, they terminated the reduction in force, our jobs are safe until September, but the stress created a weakening of the system and I caught a cold on top of all of this.

I know you will get over this, you will succeed as long as you don't give up.

Me, I now have to restart my diet, allow myself time to workout and realize that the illness came because I wasn't doing what I was supposed to.

Hang in there...if you can do it I know I can and will gain strength from your perserverence.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    When you get stressed, that's a perfect time to scale back to those things that are most important. Log your food intake down to the condiments, keep an eye on your salt intake, and figure out what can give a little until the stressors can subside. Most importantly, don't give up!

Further, set yourself up for success so that when you do reach for something, make sure it's a lean/healthy protein, or a fiber bar or something that's going to be about 100-120 calories. I have a "snack box" so that when I get hungry, I can reach for something in that box and not have to worry about it. My husband uses the drawer in his night stand for a snack drawer. That way if you over do it, then you'll be less likely to have a big gain.