Sugar-Free, Low-Fat, Fat-Free

Options
Whenever you see the words "Sugar-Free, Low-Fat, or Fat-Free", I want you to think of the words "Chemical Sh** Storm" instead.

Replies

• ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha I agree
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Agree!
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    Whenever you see the words "Sugar-Free, Low-Fat, or Fat-Free", I want you to think of the words "Chemical Sh** Storm" instead.

:flowerforyou:
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    so true...and the "fat-free" ones are higher in sugar
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Good thing full fat and full sugared products don't have a ton of chemicals in them
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Exactly!...Those words just make me move faster through the BS at the store. Stick to basic and natural.
  • kellykw
    kellykw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Good thing full fat and full sugared products don't have a ton of chemicals in them
    This made me laugh out loud!

I did a search for "chemicals in food." Very scary, even if only 1% of what you read on the internet is true.
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    YUP!

Read the ingredients before you even CONSIDER that label!
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I also think it's funny that stuff that is low-fat or fat-free is loaded with sodium
  • TX_Aggie_Dad
    TX_Aggie_Dad Posts: 173
    Options

Decent point. Make me think of the diet concept I saw once, something along the lines of "if each of the ingredients doesn't sound like food you have eaten before or you can't pronounce it, then it isn't food".
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Decent point. Make me think of the diet concept I saw once, something along the lines of "if each of the ingredients doesn't sound like food you have eaten before or you can't pronounce it, then it isn't food".

Would you eat a food with all this in it?

"Alpha-Linolenic-Acid, Asparagine, D-Categin, Isoqurctrin, Hyperoside, Ferulic-Acid, Farnesene, Neoxathin, Phosphatidyl-Choline, Reynoutrin, Sinapic-Acid, Caffeic-Acid, Chlorogenic-Acid, P-Hydroxy-Benzoic-Acid, P-Coumaric-Acid, Avicularin, Lutein, Quercitin, Rutin, Ursolic-Acid, Protocatechuic-Acid, and Silver."
  • tanmustlose
    tanmustlose Posts: 39
    Options

awww, i wish there were a like button... :laugh:
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    depends on the brand.

check out walden farms, a favorite of mine. they are sugar free, carb free, calorie free and made with natural ingredients unlike say Hellmans fat free anything which is chemical, oils, etc.
  • Kanlassak
    Kanlassak Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    What about the times it's just being used as, you know, an accurate descriptor? Like half the shrimp I've seen lately has pointed out that they're "low in fat" on the package.
  • mssgeni
    mssgeni Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Guilty... I eat a lot of these things because I want to keep my fats and sugars low. Why are these so bad for you? I kind of figured if they were approved by the FDA or whatever they're safe for human consumption. :/
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I also think it's funny that stuff that is low-fat or fat-free is loaded with sodium

youd be surprised how many people dont even take notice of sodium. i always have it is shocking how high so many low fat/fat free dressings are!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    OP, I totally agree! I can't count how many times I've busted my previous "diets" with that crap!!!

Of course!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, chemicals are the devil. Like that lethal, evil "water" thing.