Do i really need to eat more? 1200 cals

Options
13»

Replies

• kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    2. TDEE method. Go to Scooby's workshop or fat2fitradio.com and enter your stats to find your BMR and TDEE. Try to eat at TDEE-20%, without adding exercise calories back in. Or at the least, not less than the BMR that you figured. This method takes a few weeks to start seeing results because your body has to adjust to suddenly getting more calories.

I do the TDEE - 20% because it is easier to me to just have 1 figure to use each day, and not worry about exercise calories. I have had great results using the TDEE method. I have lost 12 lbs since Feb this year.

Nicely stated and simple to understand. Sorry, the quote didn't work but I was quoting what gracielynn101 stated!
  • badgalmari
    badgalmari Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for about 2 months now and I have always eaten my exercise cals back or go 50 to 100 (sometimes more) cals over my goal so that my body won't go into starvation mode & so that I won't loose any muscle weight. And it's been working great for me. The weight is coming off.
  • BrookieHatesCookies
    BrookieHatesCookies Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes and no, if you increase cals + exercise you will not see results within that day or even week. It will take your body a while to adjust to your new intake and realize it can stop storing energy like mad. I know it's hard when you hit a plateau to increase your intake while decreasing might make sense. Just stick with it and wait it out :)