Jello Pudding- Sugar free/Fat free- good or bad!

Options
ATJune
ATJune Posts: 89 Member
Hi All,
I have a small cup of Jello chocolate or mousse(sugar free) pudding every other day... Too much of something can never be good.. esp. if its not natural.... somewhere I keep having this feeling that it might not be good.. but I love sweets and this is my way of keeping my sweet tooth satisfied !!:D

What do you guys think.. is it ok to have one now n then?? any suggestions besides this what i can have maybe( fruits do not do the trick!!)..... Looking forward to ur replies and suggestions:) TY

Replies

• WendiMac2Be
    WendiMac2Be Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I totally love these. In fact, I'm having one as an afternoon snack today. It totally helps curb my sugar cravings without loading me up with sugar. It's encouraged on plenty of diets I've seen.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I eat one of them almost every other day too. I don't see any problems with it, and I'm also not a clean diet or anything like that. You get some protein and calcium from the dairy and it's only 60 calories! I love em!
  • mom2boyzinaz
    Options
    I have them now and then too, I think they might not be the best choice but if they are helping me to curb by sugar craving, it works. Its better then me having a chocolate bar or chocolate ice cream. Sure a apple or orange or other fruit would better but that would not curb the craving.
  • doodlbug
    doodlbug Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's like you said, it's okay every now and then as are most things that are otherwise "bad" for you. Maybe cut it down to once a week instead of every other day if you are concerned.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Aren't those things crazy high in carbs?
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I eat them often. If you deny yourself everything then it will catch up to you.

You have to find those things that satisfy cravings and at times choose the lesser of two evils.

I have heard the topics about Aspertame and have tried my best to cut it and substitute Saccharin. I know many think Saccharin is bad too but I choose my evils and have read as much as I can. (NOTE: I have tried Truvia and I would rather lick dirt) :)

Some people don't have cravings but if it were not for Sugar Free Jello Pudding, Sweet Potatoes and Sweet and Low there is no way I could have done what I have done.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I know there are those that strongly follow the "nothing artificial" rule. But, I believe in "anything in moderation". Sometimes, (like currently), I'm eating the sugar free fat free pudding that you make at home. I make 1 small box and it gives me 4 servings. Totally satisfies my sweet cravings at night. Top it with a little cool whip free and it's a nice sweet treat for around 100 calories! It keeps me from eating ice cream or a bunch of cookies every night! :blushing:
  • JensLogin
    JensLogin Posts: 74
    Options
    I love these as well and they really help to curb my sweet cravings!

That said, I don't necessarily think these are the healthiest items to eat as there are many artificial products and sweetners. So, if you are looking at them strictly from the curbing a craving perspective, they are great. If you are looking at them as being "healthy", I don't think they do much to foot the bill!
  • ATJune
    ATJune Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    thanks for responses guys!