Linguine with Basil and Tomato

Options
JensLogin
JensLogin Posts: 74
Here is a fast, easy and yummy recipe for you to try!

Prep Time: 15 min

8 oz linguine, wheat (if you are watching your sugar intake switch out whole wheat for spelt or something similiar)
3 medium tomatoes chopped
1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese

Cook linguine as directed. Mix tomatoes, basil, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in large bowl. Add drained linguine and cheese, toss lightly serve immediately.

Makes 4 servings 1 cup each

Replies

• JensLogin
    Options
    Oh yeah... you can add some grilled chicken to it and make it a more hearty meal! It's really great.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    sounds great!!!!
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yum, I love quick recipes too. Thanks!
  • futureredheadhottie
    Options
    Sounds yummy thanks
  • chelleim
    chelleim Posts: 78
    Options
    Thanks! Can't wait to try this.
  • autumn130
    autumn130 Posts: 48
    Options
    What is the calorie count for this meal?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Always a good fallback option when you have little ingredients!!! :happy: I never have pasta withOUT chicken, love it! Thanks for reminding me of this great dish! I have all the stuff. Possibly dinner? Huh? Huh?
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    yummy!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    This is my kind of supper! Definitely would add chicken :)
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Thanks.
  • JensLogin
    Options
    I don't know the calorie count right off hand. I guess you could just look at your pasta brand and add in the other calories from the ingredients. Sorry I don't have a quick answer for you!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

8 oz linguine, wheat (if you are watching your sugar intake switch out whole wheat for spelt or something similiar)
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper

Cook linguine as directed. Mix tomatoes, basil, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in large bowl. Add drained linguine and cheese, toss lightly serve immediately.

Sounds good!
  • niceynice
    niceynice Posts: 4
    Options
    YUMMY- had it last night with SHRIMP...the family even loved it and cleaned the bowl (bummer, no leftovers for lunch today -lol). Thanks for sharing...I'm new at this and so open new ideas!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options

1 Tbsp olive oil
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper

This recipe gave me a sweeet idea I thought I'd share!

I saw this recipe yesterday and decided I was going to try a "hot" version...and it was sooo much better than Prego or any other bottled spaghetti sauce that you heat up. It was natural and refreshing!! So, I tweeked your recipe (thanks soo much!) and made it over the stovetop for a nice delicious sauce to go over my whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles. YUM!

4-5 roma tomatoes chopped into small chunks
    1/2 Tbsp olive oil
    1/2 medium onion, chopped
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1/4 cup basil (or however much you want!)
    dash of oregano (optional)
    1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese

I heated the oil in the skillet and added the garlic and onion. After the it started bubbling I added the tomatoes so they would soften and blend together. I also added basil and oregano so that the flavor would really sink in :) I let it bubble and simmer for about 8-10 minutes and then I added the salt, pepper, and finally the parmesan cheese. I stirred and let that simmer. The sauce turned from a bright red to more of an orange color with the parmesan added. It smelled sooo good!

I served whole wheat thin spaghetti with grilled chicken on top, and poured 2/3 cup of this sauce over top. YUMMMMY GOODNESS!

Servings 4
    Serving Size: about 2/3 cup
    Calories per serving: 113
    Carbs: 13 g
    Protein: 6 g
    Fat: 5 g
    Sodium: 129 mg (HOLY COW!! WAYYYY LOWER THAN BOTTLED SAUCE!)
    Sugar: 6 g

(sorry thats all I track in my recipe builder)

Thanks for the great ingredients!!! I think there can be so much variety with just these simple ingredients.