Dallas Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure

Options
Hey MPF friends!

I am new to jogging and I have decided to participate in the Dallas Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on Saturday, October 16, 2010. I have included some info below, including a link.

I was wondering if anyone would like to form a buddy system and/or support motivation group? Due to busy lives/schedules/etc, I'm not looking necessarily for a jogging or training buddy (but I'd be open to it ;-). I was just looking to see if anyone was also participating and could offer any great training tips, suggestions, provide morale support & in general just help me to be accountable and stay on track. I want to/plan on jogging the whole thing ;-)

Thanks!

Saturday, October 16, 2010
Komen Dallas Race for the Cure®
Dallas County Affiliate
Phone: 214-750-RACE
Email: officemanager@komen-dallas.org

http://www.komen-dallas.org/site/TR/Race/General?fr_id=1050&pg=entry&AddInterest=1042

Replies

• jtapp9
    jtapp9 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have done that race the last 2 years locally in Little Rock, AR and am planning on doing it this year with my daughter :). We do running/walking intervals. I am pretty darned slow so between then and now I am just trying to build the speed up a bit :). Right now we are just managing to run 2 nights a week, cuz we are so busy and preoccupied on the weekends, but we are doing great :)

Good luck! It is a GREAT experience!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've done it twice before, when I was heavier and with people that just wanted to walk. Now that I'm committing to improving my health and fitness, I want to participate and JOG it. It's a lot of fun and the sense of comraderie adn support is so amazing!